Australia in New Zealand

kodos said:
It was a fantastic match. i reckon ponting disrupted the game at the penultimate over with his arrogance and proabably disrupted the nz batsman's concentration. Ponting always has a cry when things aren't going his way such as that extra run because of the no ball. As i said earlier LEE IS S***. 85/1 from 10 overs hahahaha!!real top class bowling by "The best one day bowler in the world". Unlucky NZ so close, Lee's over was a repeat of Kaspowicz over last year at Telstra Dome.

Funny you laugh mate, because you are perhaps the most ridiculous aspect of these forums. You come into each thread and make an attempt to embellish every Australian failure/flaw and belittle every achievement. The act is getting old.

irottev said:
Imagine if they had of taken Cameron White. That would of changed things.

The rules are stupid. You got wickets and a game winning last over. We got 6 runs. Important runs I guess but take them both away and we were better off.

Lol. As I said in the other thread, Ponting may not mind them so much now.
I reckon Ponting would probably want to quit while he's ahead, the rules are ridiculous, winner of the toss gets far too much advantage.

If Ponting and Vettori really wanted the rule fixed up, they could just do a pre-match toss separate from the official toss, decide who's batting first, pick their team and play the official toss accordingly.

For those of you interested in such things, the partnership between Symonds and Clarke was just 3 runs short of the record 5th wicket partnership in ODIs.

tassietiger said:
I reckon Ponting would probably want to quit while he's ahead, the rules are ridiculous, winner of the toss gets far too much advantage.

If Ponting and Vettori really wanted the rule fixed up, they could just do a pre-match toss separate from the official toss, decide who's batting first, pick their team and play the official toss accordingly.

And get banned and charged for match fixing or something like that.

The laws do allow players to be changed after the toss, with the consent of the opposing captain. So if both captains agree that the rules are crap, they could agree to allow one change after the toss.

Spot on Andrew. Lehmann was going to do this in the ING cup, I can't remember if he went through. He found this loophole, and would have done exactly what was said above.

I know it sounds cliched .. But , What a great leveller cricket is. 1 wicket for 85 runs in 10 overs ... That is some turnaround after his previous performance ...

And what an over by Lewis .. How do the Aussies keep producing one player after another of international class ? Every guy who comes into the team seems to be as good as the one he has replaced .. All of them made for the highest level of cricket.

Its because they get in at 30. Lewis isn't as bad as Hodge and Hussey in how long he had to wait. But hes 31 so he knows if he doesn't perform thats it. Thats why Aus perform. The players know if they don't perform quickly the axe will come. Of course if you are under 25 like Clarke you will get a lot more slack.

Symonds Number 1

Andrew Symonds should be first player picked in every ODI because he can bat, bowl and take some of the most spectacular catches you've ever seen.

The only catches the Kiwis held tonight were when Symmo smashed those 8 6's

Symonds is good, still not consistent but this series he has been great. Thats the reason why selectors have persisted with him even though he only has 3 ODI 100s. He has that x-factor that others don't have. Also his batting is really aggressive and hes the biggest hitter in our team with Punter, Lee and Gilly. The rest are good placers but not big hitters.

Sando said:
Funny you laugh mate, because you are perhaps the most ridiculous aspect of these forums. You come into each thread and make an attempt to embellish every Australian failure/flaw and belittle every achievement. The act is getting old.

Sando mate, can't i have a say in the forums?? Why are you the only one who gets frustrated and not others. I said it was a fantastic game but new zealand were very close. I know how you feel about your beloved australia so i won't provoke you anymore.

Also how about the Aussies who always criticise England for their losses in Pakistan just because they beat the Aussies in the Ashes. Isn't that pretty ridiculous just because of one series.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have no problems with your post Kodos, heck I post similar stuff if we perform badly.

As for English well you know they are our old enemy so its always good to see them lose. I've got nothing against Pakistan either.

Lol true aussie. Anyways great win by the aussies and hope the 3rd game could be as tight as tonight's game.

Users who are viewing this thread