Australia in New Zealand

I think if he believes he will get great pace out of the wicket, he probably puts in more effort, to capitalise.

irottev said:
Vettori did a good job as captain. I don't exactly agree with us fielding first though, that confused me. I think we really missed our rock at Number 1.
The only reason that Vettori chose to field first was so that he could make full use of the super sub. There's no use choosing a batsman as supersub then batting first.

siddharth2002 said:
Well I would be living up to the challange and hit him over third man or pull the sucker.:p
LOL like Mculum is in the 20/20 where he did the glide over slips into the 2nd tier! great shot!

Aussies once again showed the world what they are capable of doing. Aussie already missing McGrath and Gillespie, still won the game unanimously.

I think Australia is going to win the series 3-0.

JAI HIND

Sando said:
History also shows Lee is one of the finest ODI pace bowlers of the modern era. Both his average (21.65) and strike rate (27.96) are exceptional. He's in the best form of his career and while a bloke of his pace should go for runs, he hasn't had many crucial meltdowns since the NatWest Series in 2004.

Guess who is finer :) Bond, Shane Bond!
Average 18.75, SR 26.26

Hopefully, we NEED him. It would be great to see Lee vs Bond head to head. Lee looks like he has a lot more accuracy then last time. Bond is the same, hes probably about 5km/h slower though.

I thought teams could name their supersub before the game when they have seen the pitch, it seemed like the teams were made the day before. Why didn't they make Franklin the supersub.

aussie1st said:
NZ named theres late, Aus named theres earlier. They have to name their teams before the toss.

I know. But we could of named the team on the day. If we did see the pitch before the team was named why the hell did we put a batsman as our sub. Unless they decided to pick a batsman so if they lost they weould hgave an extra batsman. If they won they could have one also.

Well the Kiwis wanted to field first so they could bring in the batsmen as was the case. Good or bad pitch if you field first your supersub should be a batter. NZ took a punt and it came off.

aussie1st said:
Well the Kiwis wanted to field first so they could bring in the batsmen as was the case. Good or bad pitch if you field first your supersub should be a batter. NZ took a punt and it came off.
8,9,10, even 11 batters wouldn't make any difference if they don't know how to bat!!!!

I agree there is no point for it. If a country has lots of all rounders they obviously are going to have the advantage with the rule. Only good thing it has done for Aus is let White get on to the field.

aussie1st said:
Guess who is finer :) Bond, Shane Bond!
Average 18.75, SR 26.26

No question he is an excellent bowler, one of my favourites to watch, but I disagree he's better. Bond's ODI career is in its relative infancy (36 matches) whereas Lee is the veteran of 116 matches. If Bond can maintain that sort of record after playing against all sides at home and abroad, then you could get a clearer picture of just how great he is.

Users who are viewing this thread