Votes: 25 78.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Draw/Tie

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2nd ODI

Australia 314/6 (50 ov) (Hayden 114, Martyn 58, Ponting 53)
New Zealand 208 (40.4 ov) (Vettori 83) (Symonds 3/41)

Result: Australia won by 106 runs

Man of the Match: M.Hayden

Series: Australia leads the 5-ODI series 2-0

Very professional effort by Australia in this one. I was at the game and they dominated every aspect of it. Hayden's century was one of the most convincing knocks I've seen live in a while. Vettori's 83 for New Zealand was a great effort amongst a scoreboard of disappointment.

NZ's bowling was too wayward at time and the batting was shocking. It was poor shot selection which was evident with the first five dismissals all being caught behind by Gilchrist. It's a long way back from 0-2 down now.

3rd ODI - New Zealand vs Australia

26 Feb @ Auckland

Odds:

New Zealand - 9/4
Australia - 2/5

Bets will be accepted until 01:00 GMT on 26th February and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

Sadistic_Shyte said:
Very professional effort by Australia in this one. I was at the game and they dominated every aspect of it. Hayden's century was one of the most convincing knocks I've seen live in a while. Vettori's 83 for New Zealand was a great effort amongst a scoreboard of disappointment.

NZ's bowling was too wayward at time and the batting was shocking. It was poor shot selection which was evident with the first five dismissals all being caught behind by Gilchrist. It's a long way back from 0-2 down now.

yeah i was at the match too and i have to say the biggest difference was discipline. The kiwi batsmen had none. There are no excuses as to why a no.8 can get 80+runs on a batters pitch and all others fail. Mcgrath teased them all the time and the crowd. Off stump slightly over pitched and the batsmen fell for it everytime. (flemings dismissal was the worst. Should have left it well alone.) Symonds did nothing exceptional - the kiwis made him look good. Absolutely gutted about this result. It is hard for me say this but it was an honour to watch the likes of mcgrath bowling. What a player. Had a good rapport with the crowd too. After all the media attention he was probably in the worst place (back to the db stand).but he and the crowd had a good old banter session in good heart.

Both tuffey and mills seemed to tire very easily after 4 good overs each. Overall the kiwis were pathetic with the bat - good on the field but lacking firepower with the bowling. A long way to go to be as good as the aussies. Not sure if styrus and oram would have made a difference. Vettori and marshall are the only two i would keep for the next odi. Sack the rest!

Well, obviously when you're chasing 300+ you've got to go harder so I don't think the batsmen can be faulted too much for getting caught up. If they cruised along at 5 an over they still would have needed 10 an over by the end of it. Of course the better plan would have been to not fall in a heap and have wickets remaining by the time the end came around.

The bowling was definitely the more guilty party. Tuffey was utter and absolute crap, while Astle and Wilson are just not up to standard. I definitely think NZ could have used Oram and Styris. Both are normally pretty good at bowling a disciplined line and are team players with the bat. Poor old Vettori, wicketless, but easily the best for NZ.

As we saw in the Test series in November, there seems to be some sort of idea that the easiest way to knock over an Aussie batsman is to bowl short to him and get him to hole out in the deep. Hopefully they start bowling like professionals, because right now, they'd be better off opening the bowling with Danny Vettori and Paul Wiseman.

i was very suprised to see vettori do so well.anyway same old thumping aus hands out to everyone.it's so boring!.i wish we could get other nations on tv.

at the game, next to me were a group of italians with a banner made out of cardboard saying, "I'm italian - what's going on?". Thought this very funny. But the highlight for me in the game was watching two "spectatorize" folks racing each other down the stairs in the stand when one of them failed to stop and went over the stairwell. Luckily he managed to hang on with onehand or he would of either broken his back or killed himself. He got lifted back up into the stand to raptuous applause and relief because 100's of us thought he was dead and couldn't beleive our eyes at what we had just seen.

I think the batting was equally to blame because they were ill-disciplined. OK 314 is a large total to chase but the wicket was in their favour. I would've preffered a levelheaded approach to the begining of the innings. It took the aussies a while to get going, ponting seemed to take an age. One minute he has scored something like 5 of 21 balls then he's 50 off52....what happened? They did not rush their innings at all. Hussey the exception, batted well plus a couple of halfcenturies and hadyn at his determined best (the only hungry player out there imo), was all it took - nothing out of the ordinary really.

Crikey i thought Hayden wouldnt play again as Pluericy (which he had) is alot of fluid build up around the lungs. he could have died!

Yeah, it was a gutsy comeback by Hayden, especially when you consider on top of all that how many people were calling for him to be dropped for this tour.

Like they say -- form is temporary, class is permanent.

I don't think pleurisy is particularly fatal to fit and otherwise healthy 34 year olds. It's not like he caught tuberculosis. In his words, "I felt not dissimilar to having pre-flu symptoms."

yeah i'd forotten about that - selective memory is amazing.............and scary!

3rd ODI

Toss: Australia

Australia 264/5 (50 ov) (Katich 58, Clarke 71*, Hussey 65*)
New Zealand 178 (41.5 ov) (H.Marshall 55) (Hogg 3/45)

Result: Australia won by 86 runs

Man of the Match: MJ Clarke

Series: Australia leads the 5-ODI series 3-0

Users who are viewing this thread