• Australia

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Draw/Tie

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Clive Lloyd is right to defend Lee's beamers- he said in the first link that he would never mean to do that. For once, Clive Lloyd is right! :D

new zealand are pathetic.why do we play them? so o aussie players look better than they really are.thats not saying they aren't good.most of them are bril.

the population of australia is about 5 times bigger than that of New Zealand so Aus are more likely to produce better cricketers.

Sureshot said:
the population of australia is about 5 times bigger than that of New Zealand so Aus are more likely to produce better cricketers.
By that logic India should produce 50 times more good cricketers than we do, but that's never going to happen :)

Last edited:
I think every team gets a few great cricketers every so often, NZ should have Shane Bond to add to Vettori and Cairns, even Oram.

were gonna get demolished in tests against Australia

we need the fire power of shane bond :crying

Yeah, I was expecting Bond to be ready by now, this tour has gone from uninspiring to really worthless.

It's more than money, sachin, money wont turn every ordinary person into a champion. Sure, Australia always has many really good players seemingly lying around, in a huge number of sports, and we're really quite lucky that way. But those anomalies like McGrath and Warne or Ian Thorpe, people who have become, one way or another, perfect for their sport, these are the ones that come by so rarely and yet, to a degree, these people pop up everywhere.

Now Australia doesn't become desperate until they loose two or three of their front line bowlers and will probably never become desperate for batsmen but the stocks are still in finite supply. For New Zealand, Shane Bond and Danny Vettori are perhaps their most difficult to replace. Chris Cairns too and I believe Jacob Oram will someday be seen this way too. The NZ side that got thrashed by Aus just a few days ago wasn't simply 'crap,' it was tremendously understaffed.

angryangy said:
Yeah, I was expecting Bond to be ready by now, this tour has gone from uninspiring to really worthless.

It's more than money, sachin, money wont turn every ordinary person into a champion. Sure, Australia always has many really good players seemingly lying around, in a huge number of sports, and we're really quite lucky that way. But those anomalies like McGrath and Warne or Ian Thorpe, people who have become, one way or another, perfect for their sport, these are the ones that come by so rarely and yet, to a degree, these people pop up everywhere.

Now Australia doesn't become desperate until they loose two or three of their front line bowlers and will probably never become desperate for batsmen but the stocks are still in finite supply. For New Zealand, Shane Bond and Danny Vettori are perhaps their most difficult to replace. Chris Cairns too and I believe Jacob Oram will someday be seen this way too. The NZ side that got thrashed by Aus just a few days ago wasn't simply 'crap,' it was tremendously understaffed.

yeah i do realise that mate.but you can't say money isn't a huge part of development in cricket these days.

5th ODI

Toss: New Zealand

Australia 347/5 (Ponting 141*, Gilchrist 91)
New Zealand 225/8 (McMillan 63) (Kasprowicz 3/36)

Result: Australia won by 122 runs

Man of the Match: RT Ponting

Series: Australia wins the 5-ODI series 5-0

New Zealand vs Australia - 1st Test

1st Test starts on 11th March 2005 at Christchurch

Odds:

New Zealand - 7/1
Draw - 6/4
Australia - 4/13

Betting will be open until 10th March at 21:00 GMT. Bets will be settled when the result of the match is known.

Lee looks set to get a go in the Test series, but can he really be justified? Certainly he has been bowling with suitable venom for ODI's but surely as many hooks and high cuts can be resisted as he delivers.

At the same time he has been unstoppable against NZ and in the VB series, thus form is on his side. Truth be known, Australia could probably take a completely new team in and still win. Far be it from me to be arrogant though. That is traditionally what Brett Lee does. :p

Probable squad for 1st Test

New Zealand 1 Stephen Fleming (capt), 2 Craig Cumming, 3 Lou Vincent, 4 Nathan Astle, 5 Hamish Marshall, 6 Craig McMillan, 7 Brendon McCullum (wk), 8 Daniel Vettori, 9 Iain O'Brien, 10 James Franklin, 11 Chris Martin.

Australia (probable) 1 Matthew Hayden, 2 Justin Langer, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Damien Martyn, 5 Michael Clarke, 6 Simon Katich, 7 Adam Gilchrist (wk), 8 Shane Warne, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Jason Gillespie, 11 Glenn McGrath, 12 Michael Kasprowicz.

Users who are viewing this thread