• Australia

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Draw/Tie

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia (probable) 1 Matthew Hayden, 2 Justin Langer, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Damien Martyn, 5 Michael Clarke, 6 Simon Katich, 7 Adam Gilchrist (wk), 8 Shane Warne, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Jason Gillespie, 11 Glenn McGrath, 12 Michael Kasprowicz.

Not a bad squad at all........
If it ends out being the squad

Have you noticed only one player in that squad dosen't have a fifty and only 5 don't have a hundred?(one has 99 though)

leaving brett lee out of the lineup was not fair for him. this is gonna give lee low confidence

1st Test Stumps Day 1

Australia won the toss and elected to field first

New Zealand 265/3 (H. Marshall 103*, Cumming 74)

In only his third Test, Hamish Marshall essayed a commanding hundred at Christchurch

well done Hamish, he should be playing for scotland with a name like that :D

This match seems to be heading for a draw.......unless there is an NZ collapse tomorrow.

Why a draw? Isn't it stumps day 1? You probably mean the scoring rate is too slow. I guess. But I think Australia can easily pull themselves out of this one.

ZoraxDoom said:
Have you noticed only one player in that squad dosen't have a fifty and only 5 don't have a hundred?(one has 99 though)

Compare that to the current Indian squad. :P I believe its only Balaji who has not got a fifty...oh wait there is Dinesh Karthik too. Hahah. But Australia is just something else. One feels for Brett Lee but he will be raring to go when McGrath finally retires. Then he will be dangerous with all the pent-up frustration in him!!

1st Test Stumps Day 2

New Zealand 1st Inning 433 (H. Marshall 146, Cumming 74, Astle 74) (McGrath 6/115)
Australia 1st Inning 141/3

Australia trail by 292 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

058680.jpg

McGrath's afternoon blitz finished off New Zealand

sachin said:
when mcgrath retires australia definitely won't be as good as they are now.go kaspa!

I'm pretty sure some great fast bowler will emerge...

sachin said:
when mcgrath retires australia definitely won't be as good as they are now.go kaspa!

They have soo many talented bowlers.

The likes of Brad Williams and Nathan Bracken are good enough to get into any other team in the world.

m_vaughan said:
The likes of Brad Williams and Nathan Bracken are good enough to get into any other team in the world.

I don't agree with that. I think after McGrath retires, if Gillespie and Lee and Kaspa are still around (not sure about Kaspa, though) then Australia will not be in too much trouble. But whatever I have seen of these two bowlers has not impressed me much. Brad Williams is decent but Nathan Bracken hasn't been overwhelmingly great, at least in international cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread