• Australia

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Draw/Tie

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nathan Bracken was used as a bowler who holds up one end while the bowler down the other end attacks. Both Nathan Bracken and Brad Williams have ODI bowling average of < 24. Those two wont play International Cricket again. Shaun Tait will be Australia's next fast bowler to get the Baggy Green

Shaun Tait...his name has been bouncing around for a few years too. He just hasn't been able to make the break into international cricket because of the strong Aussie bowling contingent. Let's see what he can achieve. It's difficult to remember how these great bowlers actually got started--McGrath, Lee, Gillespie, Kaspa. How did their first matches go? Just wondering, haha.

1st Test Stumps Day 3

New Zealand 1st Inning 433 (H. Marshall 146, Cumming 74, Astle 74) (McGrath 6/115)
Australia 1st Inning 432 (Katich 118, Gilchrist 121) (Vettori 5/106)
New Zealand 2nd Inning 9/0

New Zealand lead by 10 runs with 10 wickets remaining

058748.jpg

Adam Gilchrist blazed to yet another match-turning hundred at Christchurch

sohummisra said:
I don't agree with that. I think after McGrath retires, if Gillespie and Lee and Kaspa are still around (not sure about Kaspa, though) then Australia will not be in too much trouble. But whatever I have seen of these two bowlers has not impressed me much. Brad Williams is decent but Nathan Bracken hasn't been overwhelmingly great, at least in international cricket.

Well the Australian team that came to India in 2003 and won the trinations tournament, had these two guys leading the bowling attack. They did play a big role in their country's win.

Nathan Bracken might not e very affective on pitches and under conditions that do not favour swing, but on those which do help the ball to move around, he can be very dangerous.

Brad Williams is a good bowler though. And the good thing is that he works hard as well. I am sure Australia need not worry too much McGrath's and Gillespie's replacements.

Just have a look at the Australian domestic teams and the Australian players playing in the English counties. They have so much talent.

Rangeela said:
1st Test Stumps Day 3

New Zealand 1st Inning 433 (H. Marshall 146, Cumming 74, Astle 74) (McGrath 6/115)
New Zealand 2nd Inning 9/0

New Zealand lead by 10 runs with 10 wickets remaining

058748.jpg

Adam Gilchrist blazed to yet another match-turning hundred at Christchurch

This guy is simply awesome. Well played Gilly :clap

m_vaughan said:
Just have a look at the Australian domestic teams and the Australian players playing in the English counties. They have so much talent.

They may be very talented cricketers but international cricket is a whole, different ball-game. There are so many cricketers all around the world who fair extremely well in domestic cricket but are not able to convert these into international level successes. The main difference is conditions and touring habits. It's a very different thing playing in the same country over and over again to playing in different continents over three months.

Nathan Bracken might not e very affective on pitches and under conditions that do not favour swing, but on those which do help the ball to move around, he can be very dangerous.

Brad Williams is a good bowler though. And the good thing is that he works hard as well.

so what you really mean to say is Bracken has limited ability :D both were reduced to nothing against the Indian batting and I don't think they have played intl cricket after that. Anyway don't really see them in class of someone like Balaji or Pathan.

I am sure Australia need not worry too much McGrath's and Gillespie's replacements.

I think they already do..

sohummisra said:
They may be very talented cricketers but international cricket is a whole, different ball-game. There are so many cricketers all around the world who fair extremely well in domestic cricket but are not able to convert these into international level successes. The main difference is conditions and touring habits. It's a very different thing playing in the same country over and over again to playing in different continents over three months.

very good point.

sohummisra said:
Shaun Tait...his name has been bouncing around for a few years too. He just hasn't been able to make the break into international cricket because of the strong Aussie bowling contingent. Let's see what he can achieve. It's difficult to remember how these great bowlers actually got started--McGrath, Lee, Gillespie, Kaspa. How did their first matches go? Just wondering, haha.

You could just go to baggygreen and look at their profiles.

This year's best Pura Cup bowlers

Stuart Macgill
Shaun Tait
Andy Bichel
Adam Griffith
Stuart Clark
Joe Dawes
Nathan Bracken
Mick Lewis

Oooh Andy Bichel...whatever happened to him? I remember how he used to be one of the top Aussie bowlers just a few months ago. I think Australia's problem is that too many of their fast bowlers are in the same generation. Or something like that. Or is that not true for every team? India had Srinath, Prasad and....that's all I think. So it'll probably all turn out well.

On the match front, this looks like its probably gonna end up a draw. Although with Australia and New Zealand you never know--an early declaration may be made just to make the match interesting! That's what I enjoy about watching those teams play--they are always looking to win.

Shailesh said:
Anyway don't really see them in class of someone like Balaji or Pathan.

This I disagree. Pathan and Balaji have played too little cricket to have a class of their own. Balaji wasnt even in the team before his comeback performance at Mohail.

m_vaughan said:
This I disagree. Pathan and Balaji have played too little cricket to have a class of their own. Balaji wasnt even in the team before his comeback performance at Mohail.

Do you believe Bracken and Williams will be able to carry the Australian bowling attack when Gillespie and McGrath retire? This is exactly what Balaji and Pathan did when Srinath and Prasad retired. And to be honest, they have done a great job. India did become a good team (if even in the short run) and one of the main problems solved was their bowling. It is resurfacing again, though.

m_vaughan said:
Pathan and Balaji have played too little cricket to have a class of their own. Balaji wasnt even in the team before his comeback performance at Mohail.

Not sure what you mean by too little cricket? how much is do you think is enough to have a 'class'?
Balaji wasn't in the team because he was injured. before that he played a crucial role in India defeating Pakistan in 2004. Pathan as we all know was named Emerging Player of the Year by ICC, for a reason I'd assume.
both Balaji and Pathan did not have helpful wickets in domestic cricket (like Bracken and Williams) where they started their careers, still both of them have done well on intl. stage so far - Pathan has 42 wickets in 11 tests, Balaji 22 in 6.

1st Test Result

New Zealand 2nd Inning 131 (Warne 5/39, Gillespie 3/38)
Australia 2nd Inning 135/1 (Langer 72*)

Result: Australia won by 9 wickets

Man of the Match: AC Gilchrist

Series: Australia leads the 3-Test series 1-0

058799.jpg

Shane Warne took another five-for as Australia raced to a comprehensive victory at Christchurch

acb(ca)really effed up williams.he was genuinely quick when he first arrived on the ozzie domestic scene.they have a policy of not playing their tearaway bowlers till 24-26.thats the problem.i am sure they will screw up shaun tait too.

i dont think so, its good, it means they dont become cocky at the age of 21 thinking they are on top of the world and destroy themselves. they wait until they are a little older and experienced on the domestic seasons. they learn trates from good but not quite good enough players such as lehman and to another extent bichel, they have those extra couple of seasons. they are more mature, a classic example of this was none other than michael clarke, they saw him three or four years ago playing for australia a, kept it that way, and look at him now, he gets that chance to play for the aussies and they know that it may not happen again, so they give everything, and play like they wont ever play again because they know its that more competitive to get into that team. when you have brett lee sitting in the stands each game waiting for a chance, i mean he would make any other countries team and be their spearhead, but he is struggling to get in. anywho, enough of my rambling.

GO AUSSIES KNEW YAS COULD DO IT !!!

Users who are viewing this thread