• SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
Sman-21 said:
Do you ever see the SCG for tests flat and bouncy NO
Do you ever see MCG flat and bouncy NO
How the hell are pitches going to be flat and bouncy? Flat means even bounce and bouncy means a hard wicket, it can't be both. Go back to school, I'm done with you kiddie.

:rolleyes:

so we have
MCG and SCG made to suit bowlers
GABBA and Adelaide made to suit batsmen
WACA made to suit fast bowlers if good enough but if not Batsmen can dominate due to the true bounce.

They have been made that way for donkeys years and wont be changed to suit our team or to exploit other teams weakness.

If every team doctors pitches as you say then why do we never see the MCG/SCG pitches prepared like the GAbba and Adelaide.

Our home ground advantage comes from knowing the pitches and conditions.

MUFC1987 said:
How the hell are pitches going to be flat and bouncy? Flat means even bounce and bouncy means a hard wicket, it can't be both. Go back to school, I'm done with you kiddie.

You're the one acting like a kid by not even considering other people's opinions. Even if you are right it wouldn't hurt not to be a sore winner for a change.

I think the 'Gabba is one of the best examples of a fair wicket in the Universe. It alternates between reputations of "having something in it for the quicks" "a batsman's paradise" and "Shane Warne's favourite ground". It's probably in no small part due to the sub-tropical conditions in Brisbane, too, good rainfall and plenty of moisture keep it from slipping out of control.

Yeah, The Gabba is a great ground. I hope Clark can keep his good form going for this test match. It would also be good to see Marto get some runs on the board.

if Australia win this test, thereby claiming the series, does anyone think they might play Shaun Tait at Johannesburg???

i hope they do, but we have to win in Durban first.

I read somewhere we haven't won in Durban since the 30s. Add to that they'll probably get Pollock back, and I'd be happy with a draw from here.

I hope they win this and then bring over some other talents like Tait and rest Lee for a while.

Clark's test will come in this test I guess. Lets see how he goes. Hopefully our attack can keep up their great work and Hussey back to God status :)

Tait could well play if we have a 2-0 lead as Lee badly needs a rest.

aussie1st said:
Clark's test will come in this test I guess. Lets see how he goes. Hopefully our attack can keep up their great work and Hussey back to God status :)

Tait could well play if we have a 2-0 lead as Lee badly needs a rest.

back to? i didnt know he'd lost it.

Lee may need a rest, but after the bangladesh tour, the team doesnt play again till Champs Trophy in October. (which is a break they all deserve ;))

so i think he can hold out....but it would be good to see big Taity in action :D

Hussey average is 73.33 way down on his 100+ average. So yea I would say hes come back down to earth :)

We could rest guys for the Bangladesh tour, the problem is what if Lee gets a major injury due to this workload. He maybe out for who knows how long. Best you don't over do your bowlers.

Goodluck trying to get guys to rest against Bangladesh.
There eyes will be lighting up at the chance to boost their averages.

aussie1st said:
Hussey average is 73.33 way down on his 100+ average. So yea I would say hes come back down to earth :)

We could rest guys for the Bangladesh tour, the problem is what if Lee gets a major injury due to this workload. He maybe out for who knows how long. Best you don't over do your bowlers.

yeh true, i think he's had stress fractures and ankle problems before, makes him more susceptible because of the pace at which he bowls.

Husseys still a god to me :D

Sman-21 said:
Goodluck trying to get guys to rest against Bangladesh.
There eyes will be lighting up at the chance to boost their averages.
Just like in Cardiff last year? :rolleyes:

I think Dizzy should be brought back for Bangladesh. Brett Lee needs a definate rest. Infact he may get a rest if Australia go 2-0 up. Tait may get a go.

Users who are viewing this thread