Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
genghis_khan said:
Tait already has a baggy green.

Gillespie is in England playing county cricket so i doubt they'll call him over, but u never know.
The thing is, theres no point resting these guys and weakening the team when they have 5 months off after the Bangladseh tour anyway.

Dizzys over here?

With who?

valvolux said:
Looks like a new ball pitch to me (for batting). The bounce seemed to become a little inconsistent as lunch approached, having looked as flat as joburg in the first hour. Hopefully Punter and JL can get settled after lunch and bat the second session out. But the way the odd ball jagged back in to the right hander, i'd hate to see Marto out there soon.

JL won't be displaced before the ashes - the guy is class act, as tough and as gritty as anyone in the side.

Thats good as that means Clark won't be on a seam friendly deck. Now we can see what hes got on a flat deck..

Yet again Langer has failed to make a 100. Lucky for him the Ashes are close.
Martyn has started of like he usually does these days, very quick.

cricinfo recons Langer was outdone by some reverse swing! Kasper will be licking his lips.

disappointing he got 35 off 124 iirc and then got out...not good.
hoping Punter can go on with his bright start.

Once again SA have failed to take their chances. Ponting dropped on 5 by Boucher, and again edged between first and second slip which should of been taken.

aussie1st said:
Thats good as that means Clark won't be on a seam friendly deck. Now we can see what hes got on a flat deck..

I think it's anything but - there's inconsistent bounce, some balls are staying low and some are going super high...the balls nipping into the right handers as well. Warnie will be licking his lips cause even Boje is getting some turn.

I take it back, it is a pretty flat pitch. Still the odd one jumping and the odd one keeping low. A bit of reverse swing out there too, but the pitch is too slow. It's the sort of pitch that will get batsmen out through frustration. Punter's shot was super lazy....I guess that's what you get from being trapped in your 90s for so long.

Aussies paying the price now for scoring so slow.
218/4
They have sent Brett Lee in for the final 7 overs hoping not too lose anymore wickets.

Not an easy pitch to bat on but i think the aussies have been overly cautious about trying to not get out.
Another wicket and SA are right on top.
This pitch should suit guys like kallis and Smith who can put there heads down and grind out a long innings.

The poor umpiring continues in this series.
Bucknor gives lee out,bowled by ntini caught keeper.
Lee didnt even come close to knicking the ball.

Yikes Symonds comes in and has just been smashed in the head by a bouncer.
Grill has smashed into his nose/mouth and blood is pouring out.

Last edited:
Ntini really bowled well today, and was backed up quite well by Kallis. Once again our fielding was a farce, hopefully we can strike quickly tomorrow.

If SA don't strike quickly they will be in real trouble. Symonds could take the game away from them in a session. Also this Hussey Symonds combo worked really well in the ODI arena so same should apply in the test but you won't see the run rate at 10.

Well (dont want to sound nasty) all Ntini needs to do is rattle Symonds with another ball like he did today. But seriously, he to me looked like the only dangerous bowler, got the ball nipping about nicely.

Knowing the Aussies they'll still battle their way to a score of 400+

Users who are viewing this thread