• Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
Drewska said:
Good day for SA then, if they had it their way they would want Australia out for under 350.

Its there fault for dropping Ponting, but you never know what could have happened with Hussey and Symonds. 400 is possible if the usual Aussies turn up.

Even atm. Late wickets have brought SA back in the game. The key wicket is still Hussey. If Hussey is removed early than it will bring the 2 explosive batsman's in. To me that is not a very good combination as both will not want to conserve their wicket. Ntini looked like the only bowler that got some assistance out of the pitch. Once again Pollock is as economical as usual but failed to take a wicket. The pitch certainly does look better than the 1st test but there is still the odd inconsitent bounce.

On the other hand if they both get going SA will be in real trouble. Hussey plus an aggressor is the better mix but if I wouldn't mind seeing how Gilly and Symonds go together.

He did a lot, but he was in a position to do more. Tough, gritty batting all day, but it should be easier for Hussey and Symonds on day 2.

kodos said:
Even atm. Late wickets have brought SA back in the game. The key wicket is still Hussey. If Hussey is removed early than it will bring the 2 explosive batsman's in. To me that is not a very good combination as both will not want to conserve their wicket. Ntini looked like the only bowler that got some assistance out of the pitch. Once again Pollock is as economical as usual but failed to take a wicket. The pitch certainly does look better than the 1st test but there is still the odd inconsitent bounce.

i wouldnt say its even...id say Aus still have the upper hand.

i think theyd still be aiming for a 1st innings total of 400 but theyd take 350. So anything less thean 350 the aussies will be disappointed. It all depends if early wickets fall and if Gilchrist doesnt throw his wicket away.

LUKEDAPUKE: my avatar isnt racist, its just a pun. Mr. Teeny off the simpsons, i just put Makhaya's face on it because his name sounds the same.

Last edited:
SA is on top now however. 2 quick wickets by Nel both of the big hitters has left Aus at 281/7. Warne will have to produce one of those knocks as will Hussey for Aus to get anywhere near 400.

I still think that Hussey will lead the Aussies to a score of 400, around about. South Africa are giving away a lot of runs from extras - there have been 24 so far.

EDIT: 25 now

All depends on the tail, all can bat but will the SA quicks prove too good for them. Warne isn't having much trouble right now though. Hussey will stay in I suspect.

that delivery that got Symonds was an absolute beauty! well done big Andre!

Warnie has just waltzed in and is spankin them round the park lol

as long as Hussey stays in we will reach 350, and if these two stay together long enough hopefully 400...but i doubt it.

400 is very possible now, we are already at 311 with 2 handy batters not to forget the 2 in the middle. Maybe today is Warne's day for a maiden 100. :D

Well I hope so, he seems to be having no problems with Boje and Ntini at the moment. Somehow I can see him hitting some more big sixes.

It was against the Windies I'm sure, there was heaps of pressure on him and he hit back with a 100. Sadly hes gone back into that hole again.

It was when he got 86 against the South Africans in the 3rd Test earlier this year.

EDIT: There goes Warne - no maiden century for him :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread