• Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
aussie1st said:
Well at least we haven't used our strike bowler yet :) Lets see what Clark can do tommorow. Kasper really needs to step up more, I was expecting a few wickets from him.

Yeh he needs to step up. Suprised by some of aussies getting slogged. But cant wait for clark to bowl tonight (Tomorrow in south africa!)

We can't seriously expect a guy playing his second Test to be our strike bowler and win the game for us.

Brett Lee was so I don't see why Clark can't. Hes shown he is a strike bowler so we should be looking to him. I don't expect him to win the game single handly but I wouldn't be surpised if he got a few wickets. Lee should be the one getting the wickets along with Kasper if the way SA's bowlers were getting are anything to go by.

tsyrmas said:
AB de villiers is gettable early on. he hasn't looked totaly comfortable against us at any stage

Just like every other batsman who has batted on the pitch. No batsman so far have totally been settled at the pitch. Even Ponting when he edged a few and when Hussey played and missed.

Kallis is finally taking a new approach to his batting. Much better stuff from their best batsman and real surprise that it only took him 49 balls to reach his half century. Kallis has got to build on his good start and accumulate a century. De Villiers once again has shown he has the talent even though he had a slice of luck on the way.

bit of a disappointing end to what was a fairly good day for Australia.
we just let them back into the game unfortunately.
Ponting i think made a tactical error in playing the slow bowlers to the two batsmen who were well set, in a bid to avoid bad light being offered.
He really needed a wicket to justify that move but instead gave the Africans 40 free runs.
He shouldve just brought one of the quicks back on and starte planning for day 3.

Anyway early wickets tomorrow and australia are well on top.

We shall see if they're a better chance of getting a wicket today.

I think it was the way to go, the South Africans had spent the day in the field, Kallis had been bowling earlier and the light was poor. The chance of a weary player surrendering a wicket was on the cards.

On the other hand, day 3 is usually the pitch at its best for batting, South Africa would come out fresh in most likely bright and sunny conditions.

He had to give Warne enough time to produce some opportunity. The plan was carried out well, Ponting kept on top of the umpires, but unfortunately it just didn't work out, which happens.

Again Clark has the answer. De Villiers gone for 50. Why didn't Punter bowl him earlier???

I mean earlier as in before Symonds and Hussey. He should have been first change.

i believe hussey and symonds + warne had to bowl because of the bad light

True, and possibly used Clark for the economical and supporting role whilst Lee went in for a 3 or 4 over burst, giving it everything to wreak some panic into the African camp with his pace and maybe a few early wickets to shift the momentum. But, he was used differently and was caught in two minds you could say.

HEy guys.A long time i was here in cricket chat....So kasper coming to bowl

partnership of 5o

Well the view of crowd is even hotter than the match isnt it syvester

Users who are viewing this thread