Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
If I was Jaques I would tell the ACB Selectors to go stick it up there behind and leave to England, I cannot believe he never got selected for the SA tour, and Katich is preferred.

With Jaques you get a faster scorer, better fielder and bigger nose.

yeh im not convinced by Hodge, apart from that 200 (in which he was dropped twice before reaching 50) he has done nothing. I dont think we can go back to Martyn he's too hot and cold, i think Clarke is the way to go at no.4

No Jaques what an absolute joke.
To try an say its due to fielding is an even bigger joke Katich cant field either he tries hard but hes still crap.
Hussey was at his best for W.A. around 24-28 years old and then he dissapeared into mediocraty.
Now that hes finally been given an opportunity look what he can do.
Looks like the same thing will happen to Jaques.

That batting lineup looks extremely thin 1 badly out of form batsmen or injury and theres no replacements.

Good to see there testing out a whole bunch of bowlers but they wont be worrying any team with that bowling lineup.

Katich is fine for a test player but he should not be in the odi team.
When Gilchrist fails we see how useless katich is.

I agree I can't believe Hussey wasn't chosen earlier. We could have had two super finishers in one team. But this time Hussey could open and Bevan bat where he did.

Now was the time to try Jaques given the WC is less than a year away and we need see how well he can do as an opener. I don't want to lose the World Cup and think what if Jaques was opening.

after the bangladesh tour australia dont have any series to play for 7 months.

dont you guys think thats a bit too much they could be severely lacking match practice in november for the ashes

That is pretty surpising but nothing new to Australia. They usually have a long break in the winter. At least they won't be tired come the Ashes, rusty maybe but definitely not tired.

The test team won't have played but the one day team will have in the Champions trophy, and as the teams are similar (not as much as it used to for Aus) it shouldn't make too much difference.

genghis_khan said:
yeh im not convinced by Hodge, apart from that 200 (in which he was dropped twice before reaching 50) he has done nothing. I dont think we can go back to Martyn he's too hot and cold, i think Clarke is the way to go at no.4
LOL WTF?

Clarke is the definition of hot and cold. Sometimes he uses his brain, other times he switches it off and gets his partner out. People talk about bringing more youth to the side, I don't think we could afford it with Clarke in there.

aussie1st said:
Replace Hodge where? In the test arena? Hodge has made a 200 and like Katich he will be given more time to prove himself.

Check this article out lol.

yeh, in the test arena. can't say im a fan of hodge

hodge is still being rewarded for performing well but not being quite good enough to knock the others out of the team. can someone tell me why on earth damien martyn isnt in the test team? he had a bad run of decisions in england. he is still the best number 4. martyn 4 clarke 5 and hussey 6. then pick 4 bowlers

what has martyn done? ha wasn't anything special in the ODI's, scoring one 60 and one 94 (off the top of my head) apart from that, i cannot remember much he did

well now that they have selected him, they may as well play him in the majority of games so we can actually see what he can do.
I'd have Brett Lee and him opening the bowling (why not why the ball is new?) and then bowl Watson first change. Obviously if its seriously swinging conditons Bracken will play but we've already seen him and Clark. And i dont think they are going to get any better.

Users who are viewing this thread