Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
The Bracken a few years back is the Bracken I would like to see. He was unplayable against the Indians and he picked up some big hauls through this good bowling not through the batsmen going after him. I hope this SA series sees him return to his old form.

Why are the Safricans calling for the groundsmen to cheat? Surely the ICC will have to do something (though doing something is against everything they stand for) about this. Besides, even if they made seaming wickets it'd hardly help them. Facing Lee, Dizzy and Bracken on a seaming wicket wouldn't be to much easier to facing Warne on a spinners track.

Its not cheating to ask your groundsmen to prepare seaming wickets. You've got the home advantage so you can do what you want. When Aus has the home advantage they too can do what they want. If you are the best side in the World you should be able to play on any pitches.

aussie1st said:
The Bracken a few years back is the Bracken I would like to see. He was unplayable against the Indians and he picked up some big hauls through this good bowling not through the batsmen going after him. I hope this SA series sees him return to his old form.

yes i agree since then he looks like his lost some pace too

jazz said:
yes i agree since then he looks like his lost some pace too

I doubt Bracken will ever return to his usual pace of a few years ago, nor will he be as good as he was a few years ago, he focused to much on swing and variation.

Swing was what Bracken always focused on. The problem is that variation. Last time round he tried variation in ODIs which lead him to success but when it came to test matches he couldn't get back to his old ways. Since then he hasn't been the same for Aus. What we need to see is that spell where he got 7/2.

It's fine for Bracken to concentrate on swing, but he needs to decide on his stock delivery. He never really had all that much pace either, maybe lost a few km/h from his former average so he has to adapt his bowling to that, but he has to use what he does have, and use it effectively. He's quick enough to unsettle batsman if he's getting the ball to move, combined with accuracy.

and he needs a decent haircut! he looks like a total dork.
i know he must think he looks good but it is revolting.

and i want to see Watson do something with the ball...whether it be movement off the seam or swing i dont care just something! all he ever does is bowl straight with nothing on them!!!

That's completely beside the point but yes, I totally agree. It's disgraceful, looks like Ian Harvey's old hairstyle! (or does Harvey still have the long hair?)

The test series will come down to how well Lee leads the pack and if Gillespie can recapture his former glory. If so Aus are well on their way to winning the series. Hodge will need to fire in this series or he will get the boot.

i would like to see Clarke replace Hodge at 4 in the test team.

Hodge hasnt convinced me and i think Clarke woulfd really grab a second opportunity.

I agree, you don't find a talent like Clarke anywhere. His debut inns showed how he can entertain a crowd while scoring a big total. Hodge just doesn't have that feel about him. With Hussey at 5 our middle order is much more stable to have Clarke back in it. Heck Katich probably could find his way back in there the way hes going in the ODIs.

You're right, Hodge doesn't seem like he's comfotable in test cricket, he looks very tentative (althought it's expected when you're nervous), but Clarke seems to have the perfect mould despite not making runs in the five-day game of late. He should come through soon, because as stated, he's shown what he can do under pressure whilst not letting go of his natural game. This will be the ultimate trial for Lee when he leads the attack in the test series, as he's only been back in the side for less than a year. Interesting to see how he will re-act and how he will balance his mentality, or decide on one with confidence. With Gillespie behind him though, he should be looking to attack and deliver threatening spells for the better part of the tour.

I just heard Hussey stayed behind to be with his pregant wife. Will he be available for the 1st ODI as it would be a big blow not having him there.

Users who are viewing this thread