Australia Team Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pat Cummins had his first game as captain for NSW today and ended up with 49 in addition to three wickets. Wonder if it'll be worth it to make him the red ball captain going forward while he plays less of white ball cricket? The Aussies are unlikely to drop him in tests anyways and Cummins is not the best T20I Aussie bowler either.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Pat Cummins had his first game as captain for NSW today and ended up with 49 in addition to three wickets. Wonder if it'll be worth it to make him the red ball captain going forward while he plays less of white ball cricket? The Aussies are unlikely to drop him in tests anyways and Cummins is not the best T20I Aussie bowler either.
Australia can make a lagit XI out of their pacers barring the keeper and they will still have spares remaining.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
1. Cam Green
2. Mitch Marsh
3. Starc
4. Cummins
5. Jhye Richardson
6. Neser
7. Keeper
8. Abbott
9. Pattinson
10. Sayers
11. Hazlewood
NCN Stoinis Cutting Henriques

Also Faulkner, he is still playing domestic, hence.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
NCN Stoinis Cutting Henriques

Also Faulkner, he is still playing domestic, hence.
Good point. I was selecting a Test 11 hence the lack of Cutting (who has retired) and Coulter-Nile (who I doubt would hold up). A LO XI would be

1. Stoinis
2. Keeper
3. Marsh
4. Green
5. Henriques
6. Abbott
7. Starc
8. Cummins
9. Jhye Richardson
10. Tye
11. Hazlewood
Reserves: NCN, Behrendorff, Neser, Stanlake, Steketee, the snake

Bevab

Staff Member

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Couldn't find the thread for the current T20s vs Bangladesh- guess it aint that important in the Aussie scheme of things.

While the main players would be a part of the IPL, I'd say the Aussies are flirting dangerously by playing an XI that would be vastly different from the one that assembles for the WT20. I feel JL has gotten his strategy wrong here by giving the reigns to Wade- we aren't even sure if Wade would be a part of the squad then. Also, whats the word on Finch's recovery?

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Wow! No post since February.

Now that Finch has retired from ODIs and will most likely retire from T20Is after the world cup, who do you think should be the next captain? Alex Carey seems to be the most obvious choice considering that he is the VC in ODIs. What about T20s? David Warner's lifetime leadership ban is still standing and he'll be 36 by the end of October. Mitchell Marsh is too injury prone.

Glenn Maxwell seems like the best choice to me for both ODIs and T20Is.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Pat Cummin has just endorsed David Warner. Australia can only stand to gain if he is appointed on a full time basis.

The only downside to this being that Warner might serve as a stop-gap solution until the end of the CWC2023.Post that they would have to look at a new person. Warner would be closing on 38 by the time the CWC ends in October next year.

Glenn Maxwell would be my choice given Australia's long held aversion towards a wicket-keeper captain. Taking nothing away from Carey, he's led in a few games and done a good job, but dont see him get that plum role just yet. However, just as they went down the road with Cummins, they might choose to go for Carey and break tradition.

Mitch Marsh can and should be ruled out of contention, lest Australia want their own edition of Ashish Nehra(read:injuries) Don't see anyone else in the near future, unless they spring a surpise and appoint Cameron Green.

Bevab

Staff Member
My choice would be Head. When in doubt, the answer is always more Head.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Warner for the next two years or Maxi. (Head to takeover afterwards)
No Carey. (don't want 3 captains in 3 formats)
Cummins has already rejected it.

Users who are viewing this thread