Australia test, ODI, T20 teams discussion thread

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Shaun Marsh would be another player with strong claims to the new opening role with Aaron Finch.

If it is one of Shaun Marsh or Cameron White I will be happy.

Last edited:

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
For the UAE tour , Australia should pick Lyon and SOK , the only 2 test-class spinners. Cant fathom why mediocre bowlers like Doherty and Agar are picked over him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
A sides named for the winter matches. Nevill and SOK finally getting rewarded, probably the best selections we have done in a while now.

Spickery

Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

NoLeName

I'm not so sure I agree with Nevill only because I've always preferred Hartley, but I guess he'd be too old to start now. Whiteman has a great batting technique, if he can score some runs this shield season he may overtake Wade and Paine as next in line. It will be interesting to see how the team performs and how Faulkner goes as captain. He doesn't really hit me as the 'captain' type.

War

Chairman of Selectors
^^

It was interesting to see Faulkner given captaincy responsibility, certainly haven't seen anything on the field that suggest "future captain" about him.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Yeah whatever happened to this guy? I remember first seeing him in the ODI's after the 2009 Ashes and he looked a decent batsman.

NoLeName

Yeah whatever happened to this guy? I remember first seeing him in the ODI's after the 2009 Ashes and he looked a decent batsman.

He has had plenty of injury troubles since bursting onto the international scene. He played his first full season in a long time this season and did okay, nothing to write home about. He has a good technique but has only scored one first class century ever and seems to have a big mouth - every season he comes out and says he should be the national wicketkeeper.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I'm not so sure I agree with Nevill only because I've always preferred Hartley, but I guess he'd be too old to start now. Whiteman has a great batting technique, if he can score some runs this shield season he may overtake Wade and Paine as next in line. It will be interesting to see how the team performs and how Faulkner goes as captain. He doesn't really hit me as the 'captain' type.

Yea he's missed the boat. Nev deserves his call up just like SOK he is the best performing keeper and looks like his keeping is more solid than Wade. He provides the good in between should Haddin retire shortly. Whiteman definitely looks to be the one for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread