Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

If Bangladesh took the match into the 5th day, then Australia might pose a bit of a problem :p

Was mostly a tongue in cheek comment, NZ will turn up the competitiveness for the Aussies but they will probably still fall way short.

Was mostly a tongue in cheek comment, NZ will turn up the competitiveness for the Aussies but they will probably still fall way short.

Yep I'm sure NZ will bring out their best. Who knows, Australia might get cocky from their unbeaten summer at home and then NZ will catch them in their over confidence and thrash them..... it could happen..... I'll go back to the corner now. :noway

Yep I'm sure NZ will bring out their best. Who knows, Australia might get cocky from their unbeaten summer at home and then NZ will catch them in their over confidence and thrash them..... it could happen..... I'll go back to the corner now. :noway

Australia is not a team that gets over-confident. I am sure they will relish playing a better opponent.

I just can't see NZ beating Australia in the Tests. But the limited over games should be interesting.

I hope we put up a decent fight in the tests. ODI's I'm pretty confident NZ will win a few games, I'm even backing them to win the ODI series. But I don't want to see NZ just surrender to Aus in the tests and end up losing by an innings.They've got to learn to really take advantage of the times when they have the upper hand in a match. Too many times they have a team on the ropes and then they are allowed to slip back into the match.

NZ did really well in the last series in NZ in 2005, they cracked our top order in all tests but Gilly was beyond supreme, best form of his life back then, truly incredible hitting in all tests. If they can do similar this time they might have a better chance of winning, but their batting is not as good now.

NZ did really well in the last series in NZ in 2005, they cracked our top order in all tests but Gilly was beyond supreme, best form of his life back then, truly incredible hitting in all tests. If they can do similar this time they might have a better chance of winning, but their batting is not as good now.

Oh Gilchrist was supreme in that series. Wish he stilled played for Aus. I hope NZ's batting can post decent totals. Ross Taylor will be crucial. Attacking player who can turn the game around or frustrate everyone by getting out trying to slog the ball for 6. Hopefully Guptill can show that his 185 against Bangladesh wasn't just because he was playing a lower ranked team and that he can step it up against the best.

Australia is not a team that gets over-confident. I am sure they will relish playing a better opponent.

I just can't see NZ beating Australia in the Tests. But the limited over games should be interesting.

As do most New Zealand fans, we've just lost way too many bowlers in a short period of time. Can't see our attack taking 20 wickets unless we play on a greentop.

I can see the wickets happening, I just can't see NZ making more than 350.

Or we could get the scenario where NZ get the wickets but not the runs, or vice versa. Like against India where NZ racked up 600+ I believe it was and then we couldn't get Gambhir out and he saved the match.

Users who are viewing this thread