Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

I might agree. Plenty of slow bowlers we could pick, Hauritz should be kept for tests I think, where he is most needed. Almost every state has a spin bowler who could play 20/20 for Australia.

He's in good touch ATM though. Basically put Tassie into the final.

Yes there is, but it's only T/20's and he can be explosive. An example is that Bailey is a better batsmen than Birt, but you'd rather Birt in a T/20 game.

Birt is fantastic, all his good knocks this season were great to watch. I like Finch, but he needs to put in some more performances to be anywhere near selection. Birt has had many strong seasons behind him, and his strokeplay and power this season especially in the Big Bash and FRC has been awesome.

He's had a great FRC yeah, but his Big Bash was fairly standard IIRC.

I hope he doesn't do terribly on Sunday though, he played a rank shot in Melbourne.

Birt was one they picked more on potential and FRC form rather than T20 form. Of course he still might miss out in the final 11 if they play Christian.

I still really think Timmy Paine should be in a a pure batsmen in the T/20's. He can really carve it up.

Really impressed at Paine's play this season, he really upped his strokeplay and hit some massive sixes. I remember first seeing him bat in 2006 and being really impressed, and he keeps getting better.

We've got a ton of openers atm, Watson, Warner, Marsh and Haddin all can open so no point playing Paine as a special batter. That does give Wade extra brownie points as he'll be more effective down the order than Paine and hes probably more effective than Haddin.

Users who are viewing this thread