Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

As for the ODIs there won't be any rolling. It'll be a close series.
Oh, just you wait :spy

In the media at least, it seems Cam White is the only contender for the No.6 spot. Obviously George Bailey, Michael Klinger and Ed Cowan deserve it, and I wouldn't mind seeing Steven Smith or Usman Khawaja.

Cowan has only had half a good season so he shouldn't be in there yet. Could say the same for Bailey too. Klinger is the form batsmen, the selectors concern would be can he up the tempo if needed. But with Haddin, Johnson and Hauritz all capable of being promoted if we need quick runs that shouldn't be an issue. The key thing we need from the 6 is someone that is consistent, not a person that is 0 or 100 or a person that has a shocking record when the score is under 150.

Cameron White's done alright when we need him ;)

4.Hussey
Clarke
Haddin+
Smith
Johnson
Hauritz

???

Well White is the favourite of the current options, his technique is the main worry but he does continue to make runs in ODIs and FC.

I wouldn't say no to Smith but he seems to have dropped off a bit lately so might not be the right time for him.

Always love NZ vs Aus. :banana2 I am supporting NZ.

Always love NZ vs Aus. :banana2 I am supporting NZ.

There is something special about a trans-tasman clash. Any other series is just a bit blah compared to playing the Aussies. I suppose its the fact they are the best in the world and we are the under-dogs. Australia should trounce this NZ team, we are in a bit of a rebuilding phase (although it feels like we have been since Fleming retired), but I like to think that the excitement of the series will lift the Kiwi's a bit and we can bring a bit of fight to the Aussies.

Our performances in the Chappell-Hadlee series have so far been rather impressive as well so you never know what will happen.

Win or lose its going to be bloody good watching.

Don't bother with anything Parore says. He just talks a lot of trash to make the headlines. In this case I agree with him to an extent though. He need more tours against the top sides (test tours that is)

NZ always lift their game against the Aussies in ODIs.

In tests, they're still useless :p

Hard to argue with you on that one Gazza.

I am sure you Aussies would like us to play better against you as well? Give you more of a challenge?

Sad to think that NZ will be the best team the Aussies will have played this summer.

Sad to think that NZ will be the best team the Aussies will have played this summer.
In the ODIs perhaps but I am not confident they will be in the test matches seeing as they could only hold Pakistan to a drawn series.

Users who are viewing this thread