Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

Sadly the possible options haven't delivered. Only Bailey has continued to throw his name out there. Marsh has gone quiet since his run off 50s and White the same and today's dismissal was not good in terms of Test cricket.

Batting wise, Ferguson was definitely ready, but his injury rules him out. The next best is probably Khawaja?

Fast bowler: So many. Surely at least one of the several Under 25's would be a better option than Harris?

Batting wise, Ferguson was definitely ready, but his injury rules him out. The next best is probably Khawaja?

Fast bowler: So many. Surely at least one of the several Under 25's would be a better option than Harris?

Why would you pick someone that isn't even near ready if you have options that are?

Because, we have three fast bowlers already. That's enough for the starting line up.

In case of an emergency, there's no harm in playing a ypungster who's performed strongly at domestic level. And if you're really desperate, fly Harris over, it takes about three hours.

Gazza added 0 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Josh Hazlewood :happy

No. Go away :p

Sadly the possible options haven't delivered. Only Bailey has continued to throw his name out there. Marsh has gone quiet since his run off 50s and White the same and today's dismissal was not good in terms of Test cricket.

I worry about guys who don't convert starts as test match cricketers. Marsh is one who has really wasted his good form. I think White needs to eventually be in the side. Such a good slips fieldsman and a good cricket brain is ideal they really need to manufacture a test match batsman out of him.

Several. And most of them aren't raw 18 year olds, who have only performed against other raw 18 year olds.

Give Hazlewood a couple of years to develop.

I worry about guys who don't convert starts as test match cricketers. Marsh is one who has really wasted his good form. I think White needs to eventually be in the side. Such a good slips fieldsman and a good cricket brain is ideal they really need to manufacture a test match batsman out of him.

Very important point about the fellows who are not converting starts into big scores.

That is the problem with guys like Ferguson, Marsh, White TBH. In the 90s Aus had tonnes have batsmen scoring 1000+ runs per season who weren't first team regulars like Law, Cox, Siddons, Lehmann, Langer, Hayden etc. Its not the same right now.

A bloke like Klinger should the next middle-order batsman picked if North gets dropped. But i'd prefer if North is dropped they just pick this top 6:

1. Hughes/Jaques, Watson, Ponting, Katich, Clarke, Hussey, Haddin

Agre. Marsh is not even close to test selection, North and White shouodnt be either, they both have 'good' FC careers, but not the type thats begs Aussie selection. I think the number 6 has to go to someone young, our top 6 looks old- but great. Katich, Ponting, Hussey all mid 30's, Watson aint that young neither is North or Haddin, i'd rather they punt on someone like Khawja ( when he's fit), but I wouldlike to see White get a go, if only to prove that he's not test standard. He's kind of like a modern day Simon O'Donnell type batsman- great for one dayers but had no sort of game for test level.

I reckon Bailey should be replacing North at #6. I do like North a lot but he's not in good form at the moment while Bailey is in superb form.

I think they should play this squad for the first Test.

1. Simon Katich
2. Shane Watson
3. Ricky Ponting (C)
4. Mike Hussey
5. Michael Clarke
6. George Bailey
7. Brad Haddin (WK)
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Nathan Hauritz
10. Ben Hilfenhaus
11. Doug Bollinger/Ryan Harris

Hilfenhaus is injured, hasnt even started bowling yet.

I'm a fan of Bailey, but its really only this season he's put the runs on the board, and still Klinger has scored more. North deserves the two tests, but none after if he fails. I dont agree with picking guys who have had mediocre seasons in a row, then have one great season, if you cant dominate the aussie domestic bowlers for at least 2 seasons in a row then you really are going to struggle in test cricket a little more than guys like Hussey or Katich who just OWN FC cricket.

Awwww that's sweet of you. I thought that since you support a team who loses all the time you would show some compassion for the underdogs in the tests.

As for the ODIs there won't be any rolling. It'll be a close series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread