Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

Well we can tell your take on the current ODI series...:p You don't think the Aussie bowlers have done well? I think Bollinger, Harris and McKay have been excellent. Sure the WI and Pak boys have been poor, but it works both ways.

The Dowlin dismissal tells all. All the bowlers were gifted wickets.

I am starting to jump on the CaptainOZ bandwagon as well :p

Another failure for North, he sure isn't making it easy for the selectors or maybe he is if they have the balls to drop him.

Bailey making runs too, but I think North will be safe. Wont be given any more than the two tests in NZ to find form. If he doesnt, then its pretty open for the Eng tour.

North doesn't bowl anymore and his slips catching been going down hill.

And his one-dimensional batting doesn't deserve to be in the team. Katich is the same, but at least he is in form.

Bailey making runs too, but I think North will be safe. Wont be given any more than the two tests in NZ to find form. If he doesnt, then its pretty open for the Eng tour.

Indeed. I would like to see Nannes in the test squad for the NZ tour, but unfortunately the selectors see him as T20 specilaist & he hasn't played much FC games for VIC this season. So he wont be picked.

He's a bit too old as well, at 35.

Well Colin Miller & Bradd Hogg where picked for test at advanced ages into their 30s & contributed very well for a good few years. Plus one can argue that given that Nannes is a late starter to cricket, he doesn't have the usual baggage of a usual your average 35 year old fast bowler.

He looks to me like 27/28 year old trapped in 35 year old's body.

Last edited:
It all depends on the selectors. Whether they're planning for this years ashes or the next one in England.

There is an extra spot in the test side as well, I don't really see McKay as a long term option, the pitches in NZ probably suit him to a tee but we really need another test quality quick right now.

I'd probably go for one of Hastings, Cutting or George for the NZ tour. Will be interesting to see who gets picked as the fourth quick, behind Johnson, Bollinger and McKay.

I hope the selectors go for something interesting, not Ryan Harris or Stuart Clark, or something like that!

The Dowlin dismissal tells all. All the bowlers were gifted wickets.

I am starting to jump on the CaptainOZ bandwagon as well :p

Nah, I know how much you love those West Indies men. Remember when you told me "once I went black, I could never go back?" ;)

The fact they are resting Harris now means he will be certainly picked the NZ test tour, his style of bowling is perfect for NZ and the England tour straight after.

Users who are viewing this thread