Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

Selectors seem to have given up on him after giving him numerous chances in ODI, hence why Voges is in the squad.

I think the selectors treated D Hussey a bit rough in the ODI & was dropped fairly prematurely.

IIRC correctly Hussey in 08/09 home summer vs NZ & SA. That was a period when alot of AUS players where out injured etc & Hussey was rotated up & down the order, never getting a settled "role" in the top 6 - thats why he struggled. But in that period he was always showing glimpses of what he could do if given a settled role.

He definately is better player than Voges & should be in the ODI set-up ahead of him ATM.

D Hussey had enough chances I think, he also played a lot of crap shots too early in his innings, just what he does at state level, he is inconsistent at the best of times then plays a blinder of an innings. I like him, but he's just that sort of player who can win you a game but dont always expect it.

He was far from rotated, in the home series against SA he batted at 5 four times, likewise against NZ but at 4 and in SA he batted at 4 for the whole series. If you are good enough you take advantage of your chances like Ryan Harris has done. If not you get left out when the big guns come back.

Twenty20

Daniel Vettori (Northern Knights)
Shane Bond (Canterbury Wizards)
James Franklin (Wellington Firebirds)
Martin Guptill (Auckland Aces)
Gareth Hopkins (Auckland Aces)
Peter Ingram (Central Stags)
Brendon McCullum (Otago Volts)
Nathan McCullum (Otago Volts)
Jacob Oram (Central Stags)
Tim Southee (Northern Knights)
Ross Taylor (Central Stags)
Daryl Tuffey (Auckland Aces)

One-Day Internationals

Daniel Vettori (Northern Knights)
Shane Bond (Canterbury Wizards
Neil Broom (Otago Volts)
James Franklin (Wellington Firebirds)
Martin Guptill (Auckland Aces)
Peter Ingram (Central Stags)
Brendon McCullum (Otago Volts)
Nathan McCullum (Otago Volts)
Jacob Oram (Central Stags)
Tim Southee (Northern Knights)
Scott Styris (Auckland Aces)
Ross Taylor (Central Stags)
Daryl Tuffey (Auckland Aces)

The T20 team picks itself with Hopkins missing out a bit more debate on who gets into the starting XI for the ODI's.

For ODI's I would have:

B. McCullum (Doubt they'll move him down)
P. Ingram
M. Guptill
R. Taylor
S. Styris
J. Franklin
D. Vettori
J. Oram
T. Southee/N. McCullum
D. Tuffey
S. Bond

Top four picks itself.
I'm pretty sure Broom will play, although I don't want him to. Therefore Styris will probably miss out.
Franklin's not an INT number five, I hope he plays, but just drops down one or two.
Southee or N. McCullum for the remaining bowler, really just comes down to the pitch.

Yea thats the team I was thinking of. Vettori said Franklin was going to get an extended go so I think he will play. Broom will probably miss out until someone has a couple of bad games.

There's no way Broom is playing over Styris. Styris had better be in the side.

My XI:
B. McCullum
Ingram
Guptill
Taylor
Styris
Vettori
Oram
Franklin/N McCullum (If Franklin's heel isn't right)
Southee
Tuffey
Bond

When Paine latches onto one it goes. Didn't he tear up NSW or WA with three absolutely huge sixes in the Big Bash?

Last edited:
They pick Broom for ODIs, but I bet he doesn't make the tests :facepalm
He's in great first class form... So what do they do? Bat him at 6 in ODIs :facepalm
Pisses me off sooo much, HE AINT AN ODI NUMBER 6!!

There's no way Broom is playing over Styris. Styris had better be in the side.

My XI:
B. McCullum
Ingram
Guptill
Taylor
Styris
Vettori
Oram
Franklin/N McCullum (If Franklin's heel isn't right)
Southee
Tuffey
Bond

LOL, good luck. You're gonna get completely tweaked. Really.

LOL, good luck. You're gonna get completely f_ucked. Really.

Don't think you're supposed to bypass the curse filter, but I agree with you :D

TumTum added 12 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Hughes is definitely in the Test squad now having scored back to back Tons. I just hope they drop North :upray

Users who are viewing this thread