Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

Latest lot of Aussies no better than us - Styris | Stuff.co.nz

When it comes to a fear factor, Australia's edge has always been with sheer pace of the kind our batsmen don't see much of, but again Styris was unfussed about the intimidation factor offered by Australia's quicks.

"I didn't see the game on TV when they were supposedly bowling very quickly," he said of the game in which Shaun Tait was clocked at 160km/h. "It's not easy to bat against that pace, but we've played against Shaun Tait in the past and we know we can get hold of him.

"The same with Mitchell Johnson, we've done well against him in the past.

I had a little chuckle at that tbh.

12 months ago NZ proved stiff competition, they have a no frills stifling game plan which has always worked well for them, regardless of the lack of 'star' players. I fully expect them to put up a fight a LOT better than Pak or WI. But then again we beat them good and proper only a few months ago in the CT final.

12 months ago NZ proved stiff competition, they have a no frills stifling game plan which has always worked well for them, regardless of the lack of 'star' players. I fully expect them to put up a fight a LOT better than Pak or WI. But then again we beat them good and proper only a few months ago in the CT final.

Pakistan and West Indies were just awful TBH. Australia will have to work a lot lot harder to win. New Zealand always seem to step it up a gear against Aus. Or they self destruct.

The last five match series between the teams went to Australia (5-0), back in NZ in 2005.

At the end of the year there was another series in NZ which we won 2-1, with two epics (Mick Lewis you champ).

We then played you in the Champions Trophy semi-final 2006, and beat you.

We then beat you 4-0 at home, during the tri series of 2006/07. Then we went to NZ without our full strength team, you fliped us in the first game and then there were two more epics, but this time you won both.

We then fliped you royally during the 2007 World Cup by 215 runs. At the end of 2007, there was another three match ODI series. The first one was washed out (we were fliping you, NZ were 3/30 or something batting first) and then we fliped you in the next two games, with Punter either scoring two hundreds or just one in Hobart. Doesn't matter, we fliped you.

We didn't play you in 2008 (lucky for you, we would have fliped you) and we played you just once in 2009, in our most recent encounter. Wich was fairly close, but of course, we beat you.

So over the last five year the ODI record between the teams is 16-4 plus one washout in which we were thrashing you.

Pree comprehensive.

BTW, that's all from memory, so it might not be completely correct.

Gazza added 15 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Ah crap, just remembered the one day series at the start of 2009, which was 2-2-1. That makes the record 18-6-2.

Sorry guys :p

The last five match series between the teams went to Australia (5-0), back in NZ in 2005.

At the end of the year there was another series in NZ which we won 2-1, with two epics (Mick Lewis you champ).

We then played you in the Champions Trophy semi-final 2006, and beat you.

We then beat you 4-0 at home, during the tri series of 2006/07. Then we went to NZ without our full strength team, you fliped us in the first game and then there were two more epics, but this time you won both.

We then fliped you royally during the 2007 World Cup by 215 runs. At the end of 2007, there was another three match ODI series. The first one was washed out (we were fliping you, NZ were 3/30 or something batting first) and then we fliped you in the next two games, with Punter either scoring two hundreds or just one in Hobart. Doesn't matter, we fliped you.

We didn't play you in 2008 (lucky for you, we would have fliped you) and we played you just once in 2009, in our most recent encounter. Wich was fairly close, but of course, we beat you.

So over the last five year the ODI record between the teams is 16-4 plus one washout in which we were thrashing you.

Pree comprehensive.

BTW, that's all from memory, so it might not be completely correct.

You forgot to mention the 2009 series, where it was two all, and we were on track to win the fifth match when rain came and saved your arses...

Nah, I added it in later.

Gazza added 15 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

when rain came and saved your arses...
More specifically, it saved my balls.

After the second ODI I bet one of my Kiwi mates that I'd cut em off if we lost the series. Was pree nervous, but I was pretty sure we would have won that game anyway.

Speaking of balls, just realised Peter McGlashan plays for the women's team :p

Nah, I added it in later.

Gazza added 15 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

More specifically, it saved my balls.

After the second ODI I bet one of my Kiwi mates that I'd cut em off if we lost the series. Was pree nervous, but I was pretty sure we would have won that game anyway.

Speaking of balls, just realised Peter McGlashan plays for the women's team :p

:facepalm That's his sister...

Going on the last home and away we have been doing alright

Last home 3-0 to NZ (yes we were missing some of our big names just like you)
Last away 2-2 with the rain saving you guys from losing 3-2
You guys won the matches in the CT and WC.

Anything older than that is really not worth mentioning at this point as half of the players playing back then have retired.

yes we were missing some of our big names just like you
Gilly, Ponting, Symonds, Lee and Clarke didn't play for us.

Beat that :p

Gazza added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Not using that as an excuse though, seeing as Punter and Gilly were rested.

We were good for the first game but then lost Oram (who back then was in the form of his life) Bond and Vettori were rested after that. Astle had just gone as well which left a major void at the top of the order.

We certainly weren't as badly hit but we hardly played our number one side during it either. At least this time both teams are playing full strength sides (excluding injuries)

Gilly, Ponting, Symonds, Lee and Clarke didn't play for us.

Beat that :p

Gazza added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Not using that as an excuse though, seeing as Punter and Gilly were rested.

Ok, this time it doesn't matter if you guys beat us.
As three of our first team regulars are injured, Mills, Ryder and Elliot.

No one cares that WI's had I think 6/7 of their best players injured for that ODI series just finished against you guys, it goes down as a 4 - 0 thrashing, just like the 2007 series goes down as a 3 - 0 win to us.

Users who are viewing this thread