Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

Mike Hussey replaces Marsh for the T20 squad.

"Mike Hussey has shown excellent form throughout this Australian summer, is well equipped for Twenty20 cricket and thoroughly deserves this opportunity to push for selection in the ICC World Twenty20 to be held in the West Indies during May this year," Cricket Australia Chairman Andrew Hilditch said.

Funny he says that now but Hussey wasn't originally in the side to push for selection. Anyway good to have him over there.

Overdue move, tbh.

Marsh was never going to open, and Hussey is defo worth more down the order.

Good descision to have Hussey in the Aussie squad. They could really do with him in the team.

Now to find a way to get Hussey into the side, with Christian bowling pretty well and taking wickets he might have booked himself a spot.

Ditch Clarke and give captaincy to White? Or DJ Hussey for MEK Hussey? They might not even use him at all, might just have him in the squad as an option if he's needed.

'Sex-starved' Aussie cricketers in NZ

It might be a long five weeks in New Zealand for Australia's cricket coach Tim Nielsen.

Nielsen fronted the media on the team's arrival at Wellington Airport on Wednesday and, after a polished start before the cameras and microphones, got himself a fraction tongue-tied.

"To be honest, we haven't had a huge amount of sex... um, success, the last two times we've travelled here," he said, to some muffled guffaws.

Hard to believe when you consider Shane Warne and his cellphone were part of the 2005 tour squad.

'Sex-starved' Aussie cricketers in NZCricket - News - Yahoo!7 Sport

Lol Nielsen love your work.

Ditch Clarke and give captaincy to White? Or DJ Hussey for MEK Hussey? They might not even use him at all, might just have him in the squad as an option if he's needed.

Not a chance in hell. Clarke has a role in this team and while he isn't a 'sexy' slogger, the team has more than enough of those already eg. Warner, Watson, White, D.Hussey, Haddin, Birt, Johnson, Christian. There are PLENTY of other guys who can clear the rope. His captaincy has been very good, he's good in the field too and he can provide solidity if there is a collapse. I think we NEED a batsman like him in the team, someone who can knuckle down and work singles if there is an early collapse.

I wouldn't give M.Hussey a game in the T20s. Use him merely as a reserve as there are plenty of other guys who need testing in foreign conditions.

My main concern is bowling options, so I think the team should have Steve Smith or Dan Christian at #7. That way you've always got at least 4 pace options (with Watson, 5 with Christian) and 2 spin options (Hauritz plus Smith/D.Hussey).
So you'd have:
1Watson
2Warner
3Clarke
4White
5D.Hussey/Birt
6Haddin
7Christian/S.Smith
8Johnson/Harris
9Hauritz
10Nannes
11Tait

You could argue that batting is a little light, but they should try that kind of lineup to see how well it would do. I think if you bat down too deep, the guys in the middle tend to play too recklessly, so I'd rather an extra bowling option for Clarke. Not all the teams are gonna be steamrolled like the Windies and there are times a 6th bowler will be needed. Now's the time to be testing before the World Cup.

If he applies himself well, Clarke will improve; as I've said time and time again, look at Kallis or Dravid. Great batsmen adapt, it's as simple as that.

The biggest problem for me in the side right now is the exact opposite, we've got Birt in there solely because he can hit the ball long and not at all because he's one of our best T20 players. We had Marsh on the sidelines while he would have been our best choice of number 3. Now Mike Hussey is back into the squad and I really hope he's a first choice player, because his style is exactly what the middle order needs.

Lol, Michael Clarke should be no where near T20 cricket.
It's a whole new game, that again starts from the domestic level where he hasn't scored any runs.
He is yet to even make a T20 50 in 23 digs, pretty poor for an Aussie.
I would defenatly ditch him (for the T20's), and bring in someone who is a proven DOM T20 performer such as Michale Hussey, who is averaging 41 in all T20's.

Unfortunately, our selector's don't have the balls to make that cut.

Defo not before the WT20. They might do it next season.

I suggested that they drop Clarke and give the captaincy to someone else, say White. But like Gazza said, I doubt the Aussie selectors would have nads to drop their poster boy.

Give poor Travis a chance. First match was just a stupid decision, I've never seen him try a shot like it before. The second match he was promising.

Give poor Travis a chance. First match was just a stupid decision, I've never seen him try a shot like it before. The second match he was promising.

Playing a Test mode in a T20 match is not ideal. He is worse than Clarke.

Users who are viewing this thread