4.Ross Taylor
5.Grant Elliott
6.Daniel Vettori
7.Jacob Oram
8.Kyle Mills
9.Darryl Tuffey
10.Shane Bond
11.Tim Southee

Looks solid tbh, better bowling attack and the opening combination is better then Watson and ? (Haddin perhaps). Should be a really good one day series. Would probably expect to see Trent Boult play a game or two, Kyle Mills might not be fit in time for this series.
Definately looks solid. I'd rather see Oram at 6, with a bit more batting responsibility.

I would rather not see Oram at all Franklin is a better option as proven recently at the CT.

I really dislike how Oram just walks back into the side after injuries when he has not done anything for years.

Bowling. The only reason I had him over Franklin tbh, if Franklin's bowling well though I'd have him over Oram.

Oram has bowled well in ODIs lately though he got hammered in domestic so I dunno. He kind of needs to show some form. Battingwise i've lost hope. Put him at like 7 or 8 and if he has to bat and comes off it's a bonus. I'd take Franklin in a heart beat over Oram IF Franklin is 100%. ATM he isn't bowling.

Even Nathan McCullum is bloody injured. Styris over Oram perhaps? He bowls a bit but strengthens batting more. Probably needs to show some domestic form so he's in the same boat.

This might sound ridiculous but how about giving Corey Anderson a game or 2 against Bangladesh if his form continues. Lets say we won the first 2 - not saying it's a sure thing as it never is. Maybe for a home game in the 3rd game if we've won the series. He could be the 5th bowling option so not much pressure and could bat 6 or 7 which shouldn't be too much for him to deal with. Maybe too early, it's a gamble but I don't see how it could hurt.

Otherwise if they brought in a Broom or someone they're kind of out of position at 6 or 7 and it's not really giving them a fair chance.

I like that 11 anyway, the only ? is on Oram for me. It's down to how he performs in domestic.

Last edited:
Ehhhhh, not sure tbh. That's probably to early for Anderson tbh, he hasn't really done anything with the bat in domestic cricket other then a couple of 50's here and there. Would much rather he play domestic cricket this summer and improve on his batting and bowling, it's not like we have to rush him in as we do have a few decent other all-rounders.

Best options other then Franklin and Oram for the number 6-7 for mine are Peter McGlashan and Shannon Stewart, they have been very good over the past 2-3 years and both players can finish a one day innings very well.

I like that 11 anyway, the only ? is on Oram for me. It's down to how he performs in domestic.
Yeah, spot on for me. And with that team he wont be bowling 10 overs because there are 5 bowlers there already. Thats why I think he needs to step up with the bat in domestic OD, and prove that he deserves a spot

As many as the selctors want, no limit is ever set. Usually 15 sometimes 16 depending on injuries or a back up keeper.

The norm is around 15 but for this tour it really isn't a huge deal, if they need to rush a replacement over its only a 3 hour flight.

I wonder if Ponting will miss this tour again, he should have enough of a break through the two ODI series before this.

I wonder if Ponting will miss this tour again, he should have enough of a break through the two ODI series before this.

I doubt it the last time he took a break you guys got hammered 3-0 in the ODI series and there is no way I could see him missing the tests or letting that happen again.

Although the one person who will be wanting revenge more than anyone else will be Hussey who was the captain last time out.

Yeah it's only the World Cup where your limited in your squad number and maybe the World Twenty20 and Champions Trophy. You know the ICC Run tournaments.

how many players can be in Australias touring sqaud? is it 15?

We took 14 to South Africa last year for the test matches.

Last tour of NZ they only took 13 for the 3 Tests and 14 for the 5 ODIs. Reason being that NZ is close and replacements can be flown out quickly. This time I'd say it would be 13 or 14 for the Test squad.

13 gives you the starting XI, plus your pace bowling 12th man, plus a spare batsman. 14th guy could be anything: a second spinner, ANOTHER quick bowler, a spare opener. Or an all-rounder.

So for Aussies their tour squad would have the 11 playing in Hobart plus Clint McKay as 12th man, plus Phil Hughes as spare batsman. If a 14th were picked it might be Steve Smith who gives them a second spinner AND an all-rounder good enough to bat at #6 or 7. Maybe Andrew McDonald could be a 14th man or they might choose to gamble and take Ben Hilfenhaus in that spot (Geeves I guess if Hilfy is unfit: Hilfenhaus waits another month - Australia - Fox Sports). The only other question is whether Marcus North retains his spot or whether he gets turfed. Cameron White (along with Hughes of course) would be my leading option for that #6 spot although Steve Smith is being talked about a lot. If it were my choice it really is going to depend of North's Shield form. If he can't make runs for WA over the next month or so, I'd be dropping him as he doesn't look right.

Going by what has happened in the last test I would say North is safe even if he has some poor Shield outings. Going by the NZ conditions they might well go with McDonald over Smith but he seems to have fallen off the radar since SA.

Users who are viewing this thread