Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

Rudi's Decision was a close one. it cloud go either way.

It could have. And because of that he made the right call by giving benefit of the batsmen. When they showed the replay it looked either just inside the line or just outside. It does stake a claim for the review system though. The pad was hit first but only just. In real time it must have created some doubt too.

Our problems which were swept under the carpet during the summer was our batsmen going on which was a problem before the summer started and obviously went on for a bit when no batter could reach a 100. Hopes bowling hasn't been too effectively lately, he'll want to pick that up else he could find himself straight dropped even with Marsh injured.

Whooo, must say that was one of the better one dayers I've seen in a long time. In both innings the batsmen dominated the first 10-15 overs before the slower bowlers took over and then in the last 10 the batsmen dominated again, great stuff.

I thought McCullum was excellent at the top of the order, really loving that he's become really aggressive again. I thought Australia bowled really well at Ingram to begin with and you could tell he had been spooked. But after McCullum got Bollinger away a few times (I thought Bollinger was pretty average to McCullum early on) Ingram really got into his groove. Ryan Harris really just gave Ingram too much width early on.

Martin Guptill played a very strange innings. I think losing both Ingram and McCullum so close together really stopped his attacking gameplan and he just didn't want to get out (Mitchell Johnson bowled really well to him though). Ross Taylor was excellent IMO, played a top quality one day innings and never really looked under pressure. Thought the mini partnership between Broom and Taylor was really good, would love to see Broom come in after Taylor.

Styris though, great knock after looking very shakey when he got out there. Once he got going he really didn't look to troubled. Really loved the confrontation between he and Mitchell Johnson (added some real spice to the game and hopefully series).

For Australia I thought Johnson was real good with the ball, Bollinger came back well after a pretty average start also. Harris was disappointing though, he bowled with some pretty good pace but bowled far too many four balls. Hauritz only got three overs but for the most part was fairly tame.

We should see Vettori come in for Oram and hopefully Franklin will move down to seven with Broom and Styris moving one spot up each.

The lack of ability to consistently get those big scores is really gonna hurt us in the long run. Have to set it right before next summer.

You can't beat the closeness of the CH series. So many of the games have been really really close.

Cripes we lost! Well how about that. NZ proving stuff competition, good to see. Man the crowds dont hold back over there eh? I remember that Parore dismissal in 2000(?) where Lee bounced him, the crowd almost rioted that night!

Johnson is a tool though. :facepalm

114889.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread