Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

Didn't know Styris was still playing :D. Good one him. Also well done to Ingram, had a decent innings, didn't think he'd be able to do well against aus.

Now all I need is for New Zealand to beat Mexico in the football tonight and I'll be happy for the next week.

No he just had a stiff neck or something along those lines. He might be back for the 2nd ODI.

The next ODI is on Sat so he has a few days to recover. Hopefully hes ok.

I'm glad Johnson got fined. Considering he was the one who went up to Styris I think it's kind of harsh Styris got fined too. Then again i'm not entirely sure what happened.

Johnson isn't one that usually gets into a confrontation so something must have really bugged him up the wrong way. Poor behaviour either way though, not something we should be seeing in a cricket match.

umm? Benn v Haddin v Mitch? remember? ^

but he gotta way with it

From what I saw, and from the commentators were saying, the ball previously, Styris had been running between the wickets and Johnson was in his way, and they clashed shoulders. After the second four, they had a few words, and the umpires mentioned it may have been something to do with Styris saying he had the right of running between the wickets without the bowler getting in the way or something.

Styris got fined because he kinda provoked it in a way by talking to Johnson.

On Cricinfo all the Indians and Pakistanis are complaining about how if it had been them instead of Australia, they would've got a one match ban haha

The video that someone posted does show them running into each other. It also shows Johnson walking back to his mark, turning around and while looking in the direction of Styris (I presume) pointing towards his head. Not sure what he was gesturing but thats what the video shows.

On Cricinfo all the Indians and Pakistanis are complaining about how if it had been them instead of Australia, they would've got a one match ban haha

The Indian and Pakis who post on cricinfo are ridiculous. They play the race card for any issue. I have completely stopped reading cricinfo comments because of them

Not sure what he was gesturing but thats what the video shows.

It was right before the 2nd boundry, I think he was saying he was planning on bouncing Styris next ball but it was a fake out and he bowled on a length which Scottie dispatched.

The video that someone posted does show them running into each other. It also shows Johnson walking back to his mark, turning around and while looking in the direction of Styris (I presume) pointing towards his head. Not sure what he was gesturing but thats what the video shows.

LOL isn't it obvious, he was saying something along the lines of "think man think" or "have you got your head screwed on?".

"You are wevy wevy smart?" :confused:

lol who knows, could have been what you said and what Mark said. Honestly my first thought was "I'm coming for your head" but considering what you said it could have been something else.

Ok on another topic, why do captains don't put a close catching 3rd man with a deep 3rd man in place when tail-enders are batting?

I mean it's not like as if they are going to hit the ball to deep midwicket or square leg so you can take one of that man out to a close catching 3rd man.

Because every time I see these close games, the tail-enders always gets an easy single to 3rd man and gets the main hitter on strike. :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread