Australia tour of South Africa, 2008/09

Don't even know what he gave that out as but either one looked bad. He probably would want the LBW as that missed the bat by quite some way.

It seems Ponting has no faith in McDonald or he has an injury as I can't see why he hasn't bowled today. Our bowler work load isn't spread out well enough, this is bound to hurt us in the 2nd inns.

Don't even know what he gave that out as but either one looked bad. He probably would want the LBW as that missed the bat by quite some way.

It seems Ponting has no faith in McDonald or he has an injury as I can't see why he hasn't bowled today. Our bowler work load isn't spread out well enough, this is bound to hurt us in the 2nd inns.

Macca will get LOT of bowling in the second dig if we enforce the follow on. I agree about the workload but I think we just have to go for it here. The weather not looking too good today and I dont think its getting any better in the next 2 days.

What's the point of Mcdonald when we're trying to get them out quicky?

I can understand them going for the kill what this further proves is how silly it was to pick McDonald as a bowler. Clearly Ponting doesn't see him as threatening enough even on this wicket.

Great position for Australia to be in. Australia is in a really dominant position now. Maybe the folllow-on will be employed.

North gets his first wicket!!! Saffers in all sorts of trouble here. They were in a similar situation in the boxing day match though. So we need to clean up the tail quickly. If we manage to do that we should enforce the follow on just because of the weather.
We're more on top here, their comeback in Melbourne came at 6/141 when Harris, Morkel and Steyn all contributed for the tail. They were also trailing by less.

aus5892 added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

I can understand them going for the kill what this further proves is how silly it was to pick McDonald as a bowler. Clearly Ponting doesn't see him as threatening enough even on this wicket.
It's stupid to call North an all rounder and still pick McDonald as another all rounder. We should have picked McGain, having a front line spinner never hurts. No matter how well we are doing, picking an all rounder at number 8 is ridiculous, especially when you're not bowling him and there's a better bowler waiting in the wings.

We're more on top here, their comeback in Melbourne came at 6/141 when Harris, Morkel and Steyn all contributed for the tail. They were also trailing by less.

Fair point. There's bit more in the pitch as well. Tail enders always find it hard when the ball is swinging. AB is still there though , he can take the game away from us quickly.

Australia has really hit back hard in this match. South Africa need 104 runs to avoid the follow on with two wickets in hand and that's going to be difficult, because they scored now only 163 runs and already lost 8 wickets.

The partnership of North and Johnson will probably be the difference maker.

A follow on will be great :D Cmon Siddy and Johny :happy

It's stupid to call North an all rounder and still pick McDonald as another all rounder. We should have picked McGain, having a front line spinner never hurts. No matter how well we are doing, picking an all rounder at number 8 is ridiculous, especially when you're not bowling him and there's a better bowler waiting in the wings.

If you had told me to choose between McGain and McDonald it would have been a no brainer. I didn't think we needed him here but I would much prefer him to McDonald.

We should attack the stumps more when Steyn is batting. Love the chin music from Siddle though

Breakthrough, 59 more to avoid the follow on though I doubt they'd enforce it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread