Australia tour of South Africa, 2008/09

Don't know about that, looked like a good ball, pitched in line, barely hit him in line, height wasn't an issue...

Geez we have given all the momentum back to SA. If we get bowled all out here then this will be very similar to Perth. Our bowlers will have to stand up cause if they don't SA could well chase this.

What this match has shown is that you should always pick your spinner.

And good call Haddin the first successful referral :)

It was still out though. How was there inconclusive proof that wasn't out.

Well Done S.A anway giving themselves half a chance here but Aussie win one thinks.

Wow, Johnson gone as well, Haddin should have been given. Would love to see South Africa make a good effort in the run chase. Can't see Australia losing though tbh.

No Johnson magic this time, we well and truely have given back the momentum to SA. For them to be able to bowl us out will do their morale a heap of good.

Good ball Ntini. Johnson gone.

400 possible on this pitch? Haven't seen much of this match but they have a small chance.

What I have seen of this match I am dissapointed. I don't mean the game itself but of the south african crowd. When the SA players were here, the crowd applauded their feats, but when an Aussie feat was accomplished in SA, the crowd was silent. Poor show indeed! And the crowd should be ashamed of itself. I don't care if they are stunned, it's pure rudeness...

A world record would be needed to win it from here so I think Australia have it. Haddin quickly turning into a very very good batsmen.

Haddin batting really well here. The lead is about 420 , I think its more than enough on this pitch. Few more quick runs and let them bat after lunch.

I did some trigonometry on that lbw referral and I have to say, it justifies being doubtful. With the batsman getting a full stride in, the ball (and this is something you can say for virtually any ball) only has to deviate less than one degree for it to have translated by half the width of a ball at the stumps.

420 lead with 1 wicket and still 5 sessions with about 160 overs left? Definitely possible for SA. Kind of worried SA will take this right under the nose.

I'm hearing that Bollinger has been ruled out of the 2nd test due to a stomach muscle strain and Geeves is flying over. I'll take him over McDonald but would have liked Magoffin or Dorey.

I'm hearing that Bollinger has been ruled out of the 2nd test due to a stomach muscle strain and Geeves is flying over. I'll take him over McDonald but would have liked Magoffin or Dorey.
Saw Magoffin bowl while he was over in England and he didn't look quite international speed - people criticise Sidebottom for bowling 78-80mph but Magoffin bowls a similar pace, if I am not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread