Australia tour of South Africa, 2008/09

Not beating Sout Africa won't have any resemblance on the Ashes World Champions as we lost to them anyway.

If South Africa can not lose any more wickets today then there is some hope as they've scored quickly so far and have knocked a fair few of the runs off already.

Hopefully this is the last we see of macdonald
As bad as cameron white is i think he is even a better selection than macdonald.

Steyn is carrying a hamstring niggle though and Siddle avoided them with ease. Most certainly 1-0 to the man with the goatee.

Won't be surprised if SA get this total. Luckily we went for those extra runs or SA would be in a similar position to Perth where they needed 220 odd. This pitch has died down and you could see that yesterday with the SA bowlers bearly causing any problems for us until Kallis did his magic.

Well I guess it pretty much depends on the first session....thats when the trouble started throughout this test match ever day more or less, so if we lose a quick couple of wickets early on then its game Oz, yet if the guys can knuckle down and get themselves in again then I see no reason why we cant chase down that total. 270odd is not at all unreachable...

Won't be surprised if SA get this total. Luckily we went for those extra runs or SA would be in a similar position to Perth where they needed 220 odd. This pitch has died down and you could see that yesterday with the SA bowlers bearly causing any problems for us until Kallis did his magic.

If the pitch remains docile today, then Ponting and Nielsen have absolutely screwed up by not enforcing the follow-on. We had SA 8/156 in the first innings absolutely carving them up, but NO the Aussies wanted to go defensive. By not enforcing the follow-on you are basically saying 'We're scared SA will make 350-400 and put us under pressure on a last day pitch'. That shows no confidence in your bowlers and a generally defensive attitude. And now it looks like the pitch has died down and they've got less than 300 left. I'd love to say I'm confident of an Aussie win, but geez it's looking dangerous.

The 'we need to rest our bowlers' argument is valid, but if your bowlers can't bowl for 2 days in a row, then they don't deserve a spot in the team. And these Aussie bowlers are workhorses, I would back these 3 pacers to bowl for 3 or 4 days straight actually. Hilfy, Mitch and Siddle are very fit and their pace is always good even at the end of the day.

But that's all done now, can't do anything about it. I'd like to see North bowl a bit more tonight. Only 5 overs yesterday, I reckon he should be bowling more especially if the pitch is settling.

Well if South Africa want to win it then either Kallis or Amla have to make a century and play through the innings. Its easy to say now that everyone needs to chip in but in reality winners always have that one player who bats through the chase. The danger man is obviously Kallis. Johnson and Hilfenhouse to open the attack.

Aussies in big trouble now.
As long as SA dont play any sily shots they will get this target.
An everyone that says oh 450 is enough its a world record you gotta remeber alot more records will be broken. Teams score alot quicker in tests now than ever before meaning big scores an plenty of time to chase them down. A few years ago if a team got a lead of 400 or so the team batting last would only have about a day or even less to chase it down.

I think SA will get the total with 5 wickets down.

I wanted Aus to go out an score quick like it was a 1 dayer but the fools went out and batted like it was a 20/20 they were looking to smash it from ball 1 an this isnt a pitch where thats possible.
The bowling was ok but it was the aussie batters who stuffed up gotta play yourself in abit before looking to smash the ball around on this pitch.

Dunno what you're talking about mate. We're not in trouble at all. We're in the box seat to win. just need to keep the pressure up and be patient like we did yesterday. That's when rash strokes will come and we will get the wickets.

If we can get a couple of early wickets, it may open up the lower order and put heaps of pressure on South Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread