Australia tour of South Africa, 2008/09

Saw Magoffin bowl while he was over in England and he didn't look quite international speed - people criticise Sidebottom for bowling 78-80mph but Magoffin bowls a similar pace, if I am not mistaken.

From what I've seen of him in the ford ranger cup he does seem to be around that mark but I don't know how accurate the speed guns are. But with his record I would be willing to punt on him.

Great ball to get rid of the tail.

Australia have to win it from here surely.

454 I'm more confident with that total then I was with our total below 400 with 5 sessions for SA to chase it.

Hopefully the South African batsmen will make it an exciting final day of it. The target isn't that far reachable if they hold on their wickets: 454 runs in 149 overs is about 3 runs an over.

Smith subject to a referral straight away, appeared to hit him outside the line when watching it live. I'd have given it not out personally, haven't seen the hawk-eye thing yet though.

LOL, more quality work from the TV company out there, even decieved Mark Nicholas haha. Really is awful picture quality and camera angles compared with CH9 and Sky.

Hahaha, Mark Nicholas made to look an idiot thinking that was the real delivery :p.

Good bowling by these two so far but the South Africans are grafting it so far.

LOL, more quality work from the TV company out there, even decieved Mark Nicholas haha. Really is awful picture quality and camera angles compared with CH9 and Sky.

Haven't been overly impressed with the coverage from them but its free to watch unlike Sky so it has it's ups and downs.

Saw Magoffin bowl while he was over in England and he didn't look quite international speed - people criticise Sidebottom for bowling 78-80mph but Magoffin bowls a similar pace, if I am not mistaken.
He is very tall, so he can hit the deck with not too much effort. That said, Brett Dorey would be better again, standing at 204 cm, I feel he is just a little quicker, also. Dorey is at the top of the list, after all, with 42 at 21 and 4 5 wicket hauls.

angryangy added 9 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

To add to that, I'm not too interested with Bollinger in a four man pace attack. Now that Johnson is bowling the outswinger, he's obviously going to take the new ball, so it's hard to see Bollinger getting a piece of it. Siddle also seems set to be a go-to man for wickets, so it further pushed Bollinger away from serving a role that he's suited to. I'd much prefer to have the leg spinner.

Bollinger has an abdominal strain and Geeves is being flown over.

Need a wicket very bad :( if we don't win this match then bye bye ashes :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread