Story Australia tours New Zealand 08/09 (Abandoned) NEW: Australia's Long Ashes Tour coming soon!

Aussies are going strong at the moment. I feel that they will be in drivers seat since I doubt the ability of kiwis chasing the 240+ targets. :p

Nice story, hopefully they hit the 270.

Also why is James Franklin black? lol.

Kiwis are good at chasing targets. I hope if their top order clicks then they are unstoppable but if you get their top 3-4 wickets for under 100 odd runs then Aussies will surely win the game.

KIU, Roo great update :clap

Aussies are going strong at the moment. I feel that they will be in drivers seat since I doubt the ability of kiwis chasing the 240+ targets. :p

Their defiently not as strong as they use to be

Nice story, hopefully they hit the 270.

Also why is James Franklin black? lol.

Lol i have no idea why Jimmy Franklin is black, just came with the roster i downloaded

Kiwis are good at chasing targets. I hope if their top order clicks then they are unstoppable but if you get their top 3-4 wickets for under 100 odd runs then Aussies will surely win the game.

KIU, Roo great update

Thanks Shantanu, appreciate the comments mate :happy

You can change Franklin's fave via Plyer Editor. Just make his as generic white skin :)

Great update Roo, Aus look to be in a good position here and can hopefully post a decent total. I think that their quality bowling will easily out do the Kiwi's. Keep up the great work mate :thumbs

channel_9_logo_2003_150x100.jpg

Australia in New Zealand
New Zealand vs Australia
2nd ODI match
End of 45.0 overs

Aussies innings comes to a bitter end
(Par total scored by the Australian batters)

With a 80+ run partnership between Michael Clarke and wicket-keeper Brad Haddin, Australia has finished their batting innings due to some wonderful hitting in the last 5 overs off the match. Michael Clarke was playing some wonderful shots to begin with, reaching his half century in the duration of play, that was quickly over, as he didn't want to celebrate too much, the task needed to be done and post a big score to throw away these Kiwi's.
Some great shots like i said, as his offside was his thrown. Two glarious shots went to the fence, as one was slightly edged through the gap between the fielders which beat third man to the boundary. The other was high in the air which went over the fieldsmen on the circle, and was travelling quick enough to reach the fence before Ross Taylor stopped it.
A stellar quick innings from Clarke, and the job certainly isn't done yet.

Clarkes shows off his "Hitting" :happy:happy

clarke-1.jpg

That then basically saw out the 5 overs remaining in the match. Clarke and Haddin cruised their way to a par score here in Christchurch, where both men were very valuable for their team. Both players scoring considerably to help this total which reached to 267. New Zealand will have their work cut out here to reach this total, but nothing is beyond them, and they have a very good quality batting line-up which i am sure they can reach this total, but with the Australian bowling line-up of Bracken and Mitch Johnson, they are going to find it a struggle to conjour.

End of the innings for the Aussie batsmen

endofinnings.jpg

Australiascoreboard-2.jpg

Bowlingscoreboard.jpg

Last edited:
I think you are stretching it a bit saying that New Zealand have a quality batting line-up. Potential, yes. Not quality :p

Good attacking stuff by Clarke and a pretty good total by the Aussies, I think they should have this in the bag. BTW, any chance of a bowling scorecard?

I think you are stretching it a bit saying that New Zealand have a quality batting line-up. Potential, yes. Not quality :p

Good attacking stuff by Clarke and a pretty good total by the Aussies, I think they should have this in the bag. BTW, any chance of a bowling scorecard?

There ya go mate, scoreboard added

Australia in New Zealand
New Zealand vs Australia
2nd ODI match
Start of 2nd innings

New Zealand come out to fight!!:happy

The New Zealand opening batsmen come out to the crease with a big total in front of them. 267 is a very good score on this pitch and they'll be struggling with their batting line-up to reach this total.
Brendon McCullum walks out to the crease after only making 12 runs in the first ODI match against Australia when Nathan Bracken ran McCullum out before he got hot and running. It was a steal of a wicket, which won the Aussies the match before it even started.
McCullum will be looking to get his side into the right position right from the word go this time in Christchurch.

Brendon McCullum walks to the middle!!!

mccullum.jpg

Brendon McCullum's partner out in the middle today played very well in the last match. Jesse Ryder was one of the differences between the sides, and he nearly single handidly won the match for the Kiwi's in Auckland just a couple of days ago.
Ryder made 40 runs to kick start the Kiwi's are they lost the wicket of McCullum early, and they will need Ryder to do the exact same here this afternoon, as he is a really good opening batsmen, but up against the Australia quicks, in Bracken and Johnson he'll struggle.

Ryder comes out to play, watch out for this bloke

Ryder-1.jpg

It is wonderful seeing a new kid come onto the blokes for any side, but Peter Siddle has been introduced into the Australia bowling line-up this afternoon against the Kiwi's and not only is he playing, but the Australian captain had given the new ball to the new kid to perform straight away. Siddle will be bowling to one of the better New Zealand batsmen, Brendon McCullum. Siddle will be looking forward to this battle for his first One Day match, and let's wish him the best of luck today.

Young boy on the bloke is given the new ball

Siddle.jpg

Hilfenhaus-1.jpg

Some good late hitting by the Australians put them to a defendable target, though Australia will have to bowl smart otherwise the Kiwis will win the match.

Australia in New Zealand
New Zealand vs Australia
2nd ODI match
10th over

New Zealand start off powering

Another big start from the New Zealand openers here in the second One Day match against Australia in Christchurch. Brendon McCullum and exspecially Jesse Ryder have come out with all guns blazing this afternoon, and are taking it to the Australian bowlers.

It certainly isn't the start that Peter Siddle wanted to his ODI debut, but i guess being a new kid on the bloke, that's whats going to happen to you, when you come up against the big boys in the world. With the field set, with only allowing 2 fielders outside the inner circle, and with that, New Zealand found the opportunity to put on as many runs as they can in these first 10 overs, so they can they play steady in the next 40 and hopefully win the match comfortably, if they don't loose too many wicket.

Jesse Ryder was the headache for the Aussies in the first One Day match, and again today is proving to be a handful. Some wonderful shot that people never thought he could be capable off, but now is a crucial memeber of the New Zealand batting line-up. One big smash down the ground was a highlight of the first 10 overs, as Peter Siddle wanted to try something a little different and went around the wicket to the batsmen. Ryder saw the opportunity to smash this one out of the park, but it only landed a feet short of the rope, but it still was a wonderful shot. Brendon McCullum used his smarts against Siddle, and was too good, guiding the balll down to the fence for another boundary.

Ben Hilfenhaus didn't have any luck with the batsmen either. Everything he threw at them was smashed back over his head, like the bouncer that he threw at Ryder, which Ryder saw coming, and pull shotted the ball over the stadium and into the car park... it was a mammoth shot

Powerhouse hitting from the Kiwi openers!!

firing.jpg

But why does Brendon McCullum have this urge, to make the same mistake he made in the first One Day match just 3-4 days ago.... McCullum again, lost his wicket very early in the piece and didn't find himself valuable to the scoreboard, as he was run out again.. for 14, nearly the exact same scenario at the first match here. Some wonderful fielding by Michael Hussey down the ground which saw McCullum call for the second run to Ryder, but the old legs of McCullum couldn't keep up with the wonderful throw from Hussey which landed in Siddles hands right infront of the stumps, and off came the bails... and that was another breakthrough for the Aussies.

McCullum had done it again!

McCullumgone.jpg

So after 10 overs in this match, New Zealand are going nicely at 58/1, but they again have lost their best batsmen very very cheaply. McCullum is gone, but it's once again Ryder that is carrying the score load, scoring 30. Ross Taylor is the new batsmen to the crease, so the Aussies will need to watch out for him as he is a dangerous player.

New Zealand: 58/1 (off 10 overs)
J. Ryder: 30*
R. Taylor: 8*

Last wicket fallen
B. McCullum: run out (14)

New Zealand could of done without that wicket of McCullum so early on. Ryder and Taylor now need to go on and get a bigger partnership and get the foundations of their innings perfect. Australia in control at the moment, I'd say. Only just.

Awesome work, Roo.

Expect Kiwis to fall like a pack of cards anytime :p I still believe, Aussies can win this as they have the great ability to bounce back from nowhere. :)

New Zealand are still in front in this game, but Australia should still feel that they can win this game. They are defiently not out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread