Australian Domestic Cricket

Yea Forrest shouldn't be in the shorter forms especially with the depth we have there now. When the ODIs are on we are looking at Warner, Hughes, Jaques, Katich, Henriques as possible openers. Could be tricky fitting all of them in, giving it a go

Warner
Hughes
Jaques
Katich
Rorher
Thornely (he'll be there although I would go Henriques)
Daniel Smith
Steven Smith
Bird
Clark
Bollinger

Bowlers could change they were the first guys I could think of.

I LOVE Katich at 4. Really good batsmen for us at 4. Thornley at 6 isn't a safe bet as we would need the Thornley of old to come back to hit big. Can't see that happening. But he can't fit anywhere else really.

If that's the line-up, Thornley would need to bowl. Unless it's a slow pitch that's another no no. So, Henriques over Thornley like you said you want. Our bowling would be short if we tried to fit all our batsmen in so Thornley might be forced to miss out for Henriques or Cameron/Dougie :D:D:D

I'm presuming that line-up was in belief Bracken would be on OD duty?

Feelin Blue? added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Yea Forrest shouldn't be in the shorter forms especially with the depth we have there now. When the ODIs are on we are looking at Warner, Hughes, Jaques, Katich, Henriques as possible openers. Could be tricky fitting all of them in, giving it a go

Warner
Hughes
Jaques
Katich
Rorher
Thornely (he'll be there although I would go Henriques)
Daniel Smith
Steven Smith
Bird
Clark
Bollinger

Bowlers could change they were the first guys I could think of.

aussie1st added 5 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Definitely would move D Smith down to 8, its not that bad of a batting lineup if they play to their potential. If Steven continues his AIS form he'll go just fine at 6, after that we could collapse like flies or score real quickly. Obviously we can replace Steven or Henriques with a batter if needed.

Yeah, S Smith batted well in that emerging youths tournament. But he has never really brought his A Game for a Blues match. Especially in FC.

Knowing our selectors they will probably dump Rorher, but I don't see the point when Katich is back as he provides experience and captaincy. If Watson was back he would solve the problem of 5th bowler although he would be in over Rorher was well.

aussie1st added 3 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Yeah, S Smith batted well in that emerging youths tournament. But he has never really brought his A Game for a Blues match. Especially in FC.

Well it was his first season and he seem to be better for the run as he showed in the Emerging players tournament so maybe that will be his starting point to being more consistent.

Knowing our selectors they will probably dump Rorher, but I don't see the point when Katich is back as he provides experience and captaincy. If Watson was back he would solve the problem of 5th bowler although he would be in over Rorher was well.

You're right, but that would be insanely unfair. He's been surprisingly good and consistent for us - the t20 final is a perfect example. I really see no reason to play Thornley in the OD arena if we have the batsmen you put in your line-up.

Well it was his first season and he seem to be better for the run as he showed in the Emerging players tournament so maybe that will be his starting point to being more consistent.

Hopefully. I would really like to see him get a few 50's this year and the odd ton.

Who are they?

Only hearing dribs and drabs

Chris Gayle for WA
Dwayne Bravo and Murali for Victoria.
NSW chasing Kumar Sangakkara

I also heard a rumour that with him giving away test cricket and only playing One Day and T20 that Queensland were trying to get Andrew Flintoff.

Only hearing dribs and drabs

Chris Gayle for WA
Dwayne Bravo and Murali for Victoria.
NSW chasing Kumar Sangakkara

I also heard a rumour that with him giving away test cricket and only playing One Day and T20 that Queensland were trying to get Andrew Flintoff.

Sangakkara and McCullum for NSW, then?

Hmm, I'd rather someone else than Sangakkara, a NSW youngster, or at least a hack or something, haha.

Honestly, I'd rather see NSW young players getting a run ahead of internationals in state domestic cricket. I am not sure, but I am trying to work out whether it's good they the internationals are coming in for the Twenty20's, that don't really matter, or it's worse, as it's the perfect breeding ground for youngsters to be tried in the side. Food for though.

Hmm, I'd rather someone else than Sangakkara, a NSW youngster, or at least a hack or something, haha.

Honestly, I'd rather see NSW young players getting a run ahead of internationals in state domestic cricket. I am not sure, but I am trying to work out whether it's good they the internationals are coming in for the Twenty20's, that don't really matter, or it's worse, as it's the perfect breeding ground for youngsters to be tried in the side. Food for though.

Definitely not a good thing. Would much rather see big fat Daniel Smith scrambling through for the match winning single in the t20 final on the last ball then Sangakarra hitting 60 off 30 to get us there easily.

Even if it is t20, you should of seen it. Was amazing. Rohrer's amazing innings got us from almost near impossibility of winning to a slim chance. Then this fat ass running as fast as he can off the quickest single you'll ever see to just make it to win the game.

And what did McCullum do? Nothing. This is the AUSTRALIAN Domestic Comp, not the IPL.

Nope. He's playing for Otago when the Aussie T20 comp starts up.

Even if it is t20, you should of seen it. Was amazing. Rohrer's amazing innings got us from almost near impossibility of winning to a slim chance. Then this fat ass running as fast as he can off the quickest single you'll ever see to just make it to win the game.

And what did McCullum do? Nothing. This is the AUSTRALIAN Domestic Comp, not the IPL.

I have that match on my computer and love watching it. It has everything and those last few overs are pure tension/excitement.

Don't think we have McCullum this season so we are staying true clean blue Aussie. Of course we will probably wait till the final and then bring in a star!

Recap of our last game Tassie 10/257 (Birt 90 from 103, Bollinger 2 for 46 from 9.1)
Both our openers went cheaply, Steven Smith left with 25. At 3/36 we were looking in trouble until Rorher and Dan Smith stepped up getting 95 not out from 120 balls and 89 from 80 balls respectively. Looked like Thornely was at 7 and he was unbeaten on 32. Got to the total at 4/259

Great stuff.

Matt, why would I watch an Australian Twenty20 comp, if I won't watch the Indian one? That's a bit hypocritical, in a way.

Is there any way I can watch these games on the internet or computer, or something? I don't have Austar/Foxtel/whatever else, but I'd LOVE to see these games through streams or something if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread