Australian Domestic Cricket

He has done so in the Ford Ranger and Twenty20 cups, but not in First Class, but he has batted at number 3 for most of his career, which isn't that different when you consider the fact that he's often in within 10 overs because of Victoria's terrible opening partnerships of late. And don't forget, Langer was a number 3 in FC cricket until the Aussies asked him to become an opener.

He will get his chance at number 1 for Victoria when he returns from India.

He's got so much talent too, I hope he uses it, he could be opening the batting for Australia one day if his fc game can improve. When Gilly and Haydos retire, I'd be putting him up there for a One Day openers spot.

Langer>Hodge:laugh Good point but.

NSW won by 275 runs, but not before Pomersbach scored his maiden first class century, a run-a-ball blitz of boundaries in the style that he had inflicted upon touring international teams in their practice matches. MotM was going to be tough, with 3 centurions, 2 bags of five and one including a hat-trick, but Cameron's five wickets in the first innings won him MotM.

Meanwhile, Peter Siddle claimed 5 of his own as the Vics stomped the Redbacks out for just 77. Hussey's 104 and 74 n.o. was an easy choice for MotM.

Pomersbach reminds me so much of KP its not funny, tall, smashes boundries, looks confident and plays lots of shots. I love him, well done on the 100. (Oh Iam not saying he is as good as KP:p).

Disappointing start, terrible loss at home. We only had North and Hogg out, still we should have done better. I think Marsh has to go back to Club Cricket, he has talent, but currently he is only in the team because of his last name. I think the WACA pitch is nothing like last years strip. Not as good for spinners, pretty good for pace bowling again - not necessarily WA's strong point.

Oh Angy, who do you support?

Awesome knock from Pomersbach looks to be a really promising batter. Finally Bollinger has clicked in FC, he has stepped up to another level this season with his 2nd 5 fer. And he got a hattrick too. If our bowlers can keep this up we will finally have the bowling sorted.

Bollinger took a hattrick didn't he?

I've always liked Pomersbach. He dominates the bowling. He'll play for Australia one day for sure and have success. He sledged Shaun Tait last year and then hit a 155kph bowl over his head for six!

Last edited:
Just read about it and it's his 2nd of his career dam good feat that. Plus should have had 4 in 4 balls if Thornely didn't drop Heal.

Good win for the Vics, no Harwood or Lewis but still a strong bowling performance. Looks like Denton is our new spearhead, Pattinson and Nannes showing plenty in the game though.

FR Cup: South Australia vs Victoria at the Adelaide Oval
19 Oct 1:45pm ACST

South Australia

Matthew Elliott
Daniel Harris
Cameron Borgas
Mark Cosgrove
Nathan Adcock (capt)
Andy Delmont
Graham Manou (wk)
Mark Cleary
Dan Cullen
Jason Gillespie
Ryan Harris
Shaun Tait

Victoria
Michael Klinger
Robert Quiney
David Hussey
Cameron White (capt)
Aiden Blizzard
Aaron Finch
Andrew McDonald
Adam Crosthwaite (wk)
Shane Harwood
Clinton McKay
Bryce McGain
Peter Siddle
Mick Lewis

Lehmann is still out and the Redbacks are again keen to get Tait into the action, still yet to return from elbow surgery. Crosthwaite gets a chance to justify his place, but it will a hard push to match Wade's debut and it could be all downhill from here. Of the successful bowling attack from the weekend, Denton and Nannes do not appear, instead the experienced Harwood and Lewis are set to make their debuts for the season. While SA can potentially match the Vic bowling attack featuring a sharp combination of Gillespie, Tait and Cullen, they are weak on batting strength without Lehmann and will probably depend on Elliott continuing his one-day form from last season.

Slow start by Victoria, but Blizzard held his wicket and played himself in, hitting 4 fours in 3 recent overs. Hussey is now with him and Tait is in the side bowling his second spell, having taken 1/10 with his initial 4 over spell. Victoria 2/71 after 15 overs.

Good innings of 72 by Blizzard. At 23, he shows good composure and could open a lot of innings for Victoria. 4/185 after 40 overs is a very good position, with White and McDonald building a strong partnership.

Was a bit surprised to see Denton not in the side. Good knock from Blizzard and now MacDonald can show his worth with the bat. Hope he gets back to bowling soon.

263 is the score, Harris taking a rather silly 5 wickets, but Tait the pick of the bowlers with 3/45.

It's not too surprising to see Victoria omit Denton, when Harwood and Lewis had yet to play. Wise is another of Victoria's good pacemen, while McKay and Hastings will also look to impress.

Bushrangers win by 16. Harwood takes 5/45. A match winning effort. Hussey might have impressed a selector or two with his sharp off breaks during some important periods. I don't think they got a single boundary off him. Cosgrove and Adcock took SA a long way, but they both needed to go on if it was to be victory. Once they were out, it seemed obvious that noone else was capable of scoring.

Tait was pretty quick, dunno what his top was. He said during the game that he wasn't prepared to play until he was sure he could bowl a lot of 150s.

Nice knock from White and then Cosgrove. Just not enough support by the other batters for SA. It was a good return for Tait and he can only get better with more match fitness.

Users who are viewing this thread