Australian Domestic Cricket

No Henriques for our next FRC game again :(
Queensland have gone full strength on us in Pura, by the articles I've read we're probably be doing the same meaning our star bowlers from last round would miss out.

If there's a large difference between batting and an minuscule difference between keeping skills, I really wouldn't care that Crossy is the better technician. The other would offer more to the team. I take Berry's word with a grain of salt, because we all know what he thinks of Gilly's keeping, in spite of his good record. Being seen as the better keeper doesn't necessarily mean a thing in practical terms.

However, I do see your point and seeing as there is no way a 19 year old is going to play every game he is available for, it would make sense to use him in one dayers where it's more valuable.
Well how big the keeping gap is I can't say because I've never seen Wade keep, but from what I've seen of Crostwhaite I'd rate him as one of the best.

As for batting, Crossy is underrated, his past season was very good, but certainly Wade is still ahead of him.

For example, England persisted with Geraint Jones for so long and for what?

Personally I believe that Chris Read was their best option in Tests and Jones would be better for OD games, where you rely less on your lower order and more on your top order to get centuries and not expose your keeper in the first place.

Then in the field, wickets are crucial in FC games, and if a good batsman gives one chance early on, and your keeper drops it, how bad is it if he gets to 100?

You need your keeper to glove those chances, and to stop byes as much as possible. Best keeper for FC games, and decent batter for OD games is my opinion.

No Henriques for our next FRC game again :(
Queensland have gone full strength on us in Pura, by the articles I've read we're probably be doing the same meaning our star bowlers from last round would miss out.

Well i cant wait for this game, going to day 3. I really wanna see Jaques bat, check out his form first hand.

From what I've heard all 7 of our Australian players will be playing, that will really boost our hopes. Bowling we know what will be produced and adding Clarke and Haddin back into the batting lineup is just what we need.

Thats my boy, Bollinger back to his best in the OD form of the game. 5 overs for 6 runs with 1 wicket, amazing spell of bowling.
Cameron also continuing his good form with a wicket.

Jeez, Bollinger is in a bit of form aint he?

I wish the OD game against the Tassies was at the WACA, so I could have gone to watch Gilly, Langer, Hussey and Hoggy...

Qld look a bit stuffed for run rate, but Nye is wearing his hero pants again, scoring a fast 43 and with 6 wickets in hand they will be hoping to get well past 200 in the last 10 overs of their rain-affected innings. One would think NSW can chase anything around 5 an over.

Game is up the duff. Raining and with less than 3 hours of play left, it won't even be a 30 over game, which stuffs any chance of Qld setting a tough target. Minimum for a result is 101 in 15 overs, where play would need to resume well before 9 pm. So if the rain does stop in the next half hour, it's unlikely NSW could lose.

Christ. I could never see Bollinger doing well in your domestic game, he just got twatted by everyone in England. He was dreadful.

He seems to have come out much better after his domestic stint. He did after all take a 5 fer against Pakistan A so it's not just our batters that are having problems with him lately.

Shame the result went this way, I wanted to see if we would have bowled them out.

Borgas dropped and SA have brought in another rookie in Andy Delmont.

Lots of international stars in, I'll get to see Hodge open the batting, plus Gilly, Hussey and Hogg for WA when I go to the Pura Cup game at the MCG on Sunday for day 3.

Hussey out for a duck but better now then in the SL test series. WA are struggling against Victoria, Pomerbach is still there continuing his good form.

The star studded Blues attack is struggling though. I wonder how the B guys would have gone.

Another big score coming to the young juggernaut. In fairness to Lee, Bracken, Clark and MacGill, Hayden has scored more than half of the runs. His presence halves the chance of them getting into Queensland's guts.

Users who are viewing this thread