Australian Domestic Cricket

Yea that is true, does show how hard it is to bowl to Hayden these days. Shame about the rain a number of our bowlers need a FC match before the first test.

Not even Gilly could save WA batting lineup, the loss of North is proving bigger than I thought it would.

Man Hayden batted well against NSW.
Jaques got out for 30. But he should have his test spot. Clarke and Katich in now. Clarke better stay in so i can watch him tomorrow!!

We're going very well. Vic really struggling. Mr Cricket will be looking for a big score here.

And the game in Tassie is looking terrible.Its dark and raining and Tas are surely going to beat SA here. I wonder what happened to Matty Elliot? Apparently he had heart problems or something.

Victoria did it all in the bowling except for hold a few chances then a monumental stuff (I could use stronger words than that) up from the batsmen sees them miles behind.

One wonders if their running wasn't so risky, how much better could they have done?

White and Wade were both run out after silly runs, White was in form and on his way to 50 and had Wade stuck around earlier they may have gotten 100 and 50 respectively and put us closer than we are now.

Hodge opening would surely have strengthened our opening lineup rather than weaken it, it is truly one of the worst opening pools in the country, Jewell, Mash and Quiney just aren't capable of big scores, and together you open up a huge wound when they are together.

Hodge needed about 200 odd to put himself in contention for the test gig, but he stuffed up big time.

Interesting to see Lee cop a real hiding, Clark looked good with his 3 wickets and his Economy Rate was good too, Bracken also proved why he is such a good one day bowler, but not so much at First Class, his ability to be so economical is great, but he needs to take more wickets like Clark seems to be doing.

Does anyone know if Symonds was bowling off spin or medium pace?

Last edited:
Lee and MacGill both bowled well on day 1, someone shelled a catch at point where Lee could have had Hayden in the 90s and if that was taken, everyone would have been spared somewhat. As the game wore on, Hayden really had nothing to lose. In a 100+ partnership with Symonds, he scored 69 runs off 59 balls.

The Aussie bowling lineup struggles on the same pitch where Queensland have 3 wickets... Johnson was getting carted today, not a good sign. Noffke is really pushing his claim though, grabbed a 50 and the wicket of Cowan.

Tassie were just awesome in their win. Hilfy made a good return and Tait grabbed 3. Will be interesting seeing those two in Pura.

Anyone know if theres any pura cup highlights on the net?

I reckon Gilly will make a quick fire fifty today. We're set up for a big total.

dikon said:
Anyone know if theres any pura cup highlights on the net?

Nah, there's no coverage on tv. There are Ford Ranger Cup highlights on the CA site.

Hodgy :D

2 and a

duck.jpg

He is in terrible form.

Crap! Katich! OMG! 255 with 9 sixes!

Matt will be having a field day at the cricket!

100 for Haddin. Carrying over the form he had in India.

At the start of the day NSW were: 3/151

Lunch: 4/259 (Katich 104* Haddin 14*)

Tea: 4/523 (Katich 287* Haddin 102*)

Since lunch there have been 36 overs and 264 runs at a rate of 7.3 an over.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread