Australian Domestic Cricket

I wouldn't mind him at all. Adds to our batting as well as showing he can get wickets on flat wickets where Johnson and Lee went wicketless.

Dizzy is getting 100s all over the place these days, good to see him getting another one.

No explosiveness from Tait and Hilfy only got 2 wickets so no one is really putting their hand up out of the main contenders.

Top game in progress down at the G.

WA 269 (50.0)
Langer 105
Voges 51
McKay 3/49
Siddle 3/60

and in reply

Vic 0/51 (10.0)
Blizzard 32*
Klinger 18*

Blizz has a good future ahead of him, a powerful 23 year-old left handed opener who is probably needed for Pura Cup as much as these quick limited overs games.

Blizzard hasn't been as explosive as his 20/20 knock but still doing a dam good job. Hodgey bad form continues no hope for a Test spot and playing himself out of the ODI squad.

Ashley Noffke is very comparable to Stuart Clark. Injuries set back his career, but when in form is a McGrath-like figure. He had that form in 2002, but probably lost it trying to do too much. In 2006, he rediscovered it and currently seems to be bowling his best ever.

Blizzard hasn't been as explosive as his 20/20 knock but still doing a dam good job. Hodgey bad form continues no hope for a Test spot and playing himself out of the ODI squad.
He's certainly hit a slump and at a very bad time. His footwork screams under-confidence and he practically needs someone to drop a catch so he can get that good innings to restore his confidence.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about Luke Ronchi. I saw him in the ford ranger cup the other day and he looks explosive and he is young aswell. I would much rather a youngster coming in who can develop rather that Brad Haddin who is fairly old.

Well done Dizzy! A few wickets too which is good. He hasn't been getting a lot of wickets thus far unfortunately. As always i've been following how hes going.

What do you guys think about Luke Ronchi. I saw him in the ford ranger cup the other day and he looks explosive and he is young aswell. I would much rather a youngster coming in who can develop rather that Brad Haddin who is fairly old.
Ronchi will only leapfrog Haddin if he gets his game together this season. Haddin is now very experienced, well accustomed to the national team and averaging 40 in first class, the result of high scoring in recent seasons. Wicketkeeping aside, Haddin is a very reputable batsman whose hard hitting would be very welcome with a number of international teams.

Ronchi on the other hand struggles for consistency. He doesn't have good averages and is still fairly young. His aggressive style doesn't necessarily mean he will always be inconsistent; you just have to watch some of the awkward ways he gets out to know that in time he will grow into his game.

There is still a big gap between the two in terms of effectiveness.

Well done Dizzy! A few wickets too which is good. He hasn't been getting a lot of wickets thus far unfortunately. As always i've been following how hes going.

Yeah, but he's their best batsman at the moment.

Ronchi will only leapfrog Haddin if he gets his game together this season.

:rolleyes:

That guy is dead set rubbish. I've seen a fair few WA games and he just rides his luck soooo much! He has so many bad flaws in his defence and spoons the ball in the air all the time. Don't even try to compare him to Haddin.

Have you seen his hundreds? Obviously there is some talent there.

Ronchi will only leapfrog Haddin if he gets his game together this season. Haddin is now very experienced, well accustomed to the national team and averaging 40 in first class, the result of high scoring in recent seasons. Wicketkeeping aside, Haddin is a very reputable batsman whose hard hitting would be very welcome with a number of international teams.

Ronchi on the other hand struggles for consistency. He doesn't have good averages and is still fairly young. His aggressive style doesn't necessarily mean he will always be inconsistent; you just have to watch some of the awkward ways he gets out to know that in time he will grow into his game.

There is still a big gap between the two in terms of effectiveness.

Ronchi is still young though unlike Haddin who has had more than a decade of First Class Cricket to get to where he is.

Dunno which thread to put this in, this'll do. ut that's a pretty impressive hundred from Bichel by the sounds. 7 sixes in a first class game is pretty good going.

Users who are viewing this thread