Australian Domestic Cricket

Have you seen his hundreds? Obviously there is some talent there.

Oh yes, there is lots of talent there, but that boy is a LOOOOOOOOONG way off from international cricket. I've seen all his hundreds bar his record breaking one (the one of like 60 balls or whatever).

The problem with him is he spoons the ball in the air with his drives and pokes at the ball. Unless he tightens up dramatically he will never succeed regularly at international cricket.

Ronchi is still young though unlike Haddin who has had more than a decade of First Class Cricket to get to where he is.
Yeah, but if Haddin follows Gilchrist from right now, that's at least five years. Youth isn't much of a qualifier in Australian cricket. Once Haddin is in the spot, Ronchi is going to have to prove a whole lot more than he already has. Like I said, Ronchi is going to have to do a lot of work this season if he is to sell himself.

Ronchi problem has always been getting out after getting a start. Gilly has a similar style so hopefully he can teach Ronchi a thing or two about being a bit more consistent.

Dunno which thread to put this in, this'll do. ut that's a pretty impressive hundred from Bichel by the sounds. 7 sixes in a first class game is pretty good going.

Katich 9 sixes ring a bell? ;)

Ronchi problem has always been getting out after getting a start. Gilly has a similar style so hopefully he can teach Ronchi a thing or two about being a bit more consistent.

Gilly also has that problem. He has scored so many 30s and 40s and hasnt been able to go on with it.

Last edited:
Lambert brought up to open, would have liked Hughes in there but I'll take Lambert opening over Mail coming back in.

Still no Henriques this was meant to be his chance to make a name for himself.

:rolleyes:

That guy is dead set rubbish. I've seen a fair few WA games and he just rides his luck soooo much! He has so many bad flaws in his defence and spoons the ball in the air all the time. Don't even try to compare him to Haddin.

A keeper should first be picked on his keeping not his batting.
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/7502.html

Besides Haddin the next Australian Keeper. He has had the same luck as MacGill. If these two were born 5 years later they would get a fair decent run in International cricket.

Katich 9 sixes ring a bell? ;)

Gilly also has that problem. He has scored so many 30s and 40s and hasnt been able to go on with it.

When Gilly gets past 50 though he always gets a huge score.

I was watching this match.. I don't know much about Australian domestic cricket either. That guy, Marsh was playing so well in their innings.

Just have a doubt, What is batting team calling a powerplay? :what For the first time, i am coming across this. Thats why I didn't get it.

A keeper should first be picked on his keeping not his batting.

Well why is Gilchrist in the team?

And why hadn't Wade Seccombe been the keeper for the past 10 years? He was the best gloveman by a country mile-he just wasn't a batter. Haddin is also a superior keeper to gilchrist-he moves MUCH better.

Gilchrist is an average keeper technique wise mate. And please don't throw stats at me-they mean very little to keepers.

You are living in the 1920s mate. Keepers no longer can't just be keepers and only average 15 with the bat-it just doesn't cut it in the modern day because you are wasting a place. Keepers today are picked on keeping yes, but they MUST (at least in Aussie cricket) have an average over 30.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread