Australian Domestic Cricket

Is Paine injured? As he hasn't been named in Tassie latest Pura cup side.

Clingeleffer (sp?) is the tassie keeper in Pura Cup mate. He scored the ton in the final last year for them. Paine only plays ODI's I am pretty sure.

Clingeleffer (sp?) is the tassie keeper in Pura Cup mate. He scored the ton in the final last year for them. Paine only plays ODI's I am pretty sure.

Pretty sure Paine hasnt made his ODI debut, only playing OD for Tassie atm, and as you said doesnt play FC anymore due to Clingeleffers form.

Paine debuted for Tas as a opening batsman, not as a keeper. He has only kept in three first class games.

The Adelaide Oval pitch looks a bit green today. However, as someone once said, nine times out of ten you bat first at Adelaide, the tenth time you look at the pitch, think 'maybe', then you bat first.

Yea I know that part but usually Paine plays as a batter alone. Pretty sure he did that in the first two pura games.

Opening FC games with with no keeping duties.
Playing down the order with the gloves in OD games, i.e number 6 I think so far this year.
Until last 4 dayer where he was dropped for punter. Now Punter is on international duty Krejza has come in as a straight swap. Leaving Paine out. But assumingly still in the OD team.
Hopefully that sums it all up and clears it all up

Yea kinda of clears it up, just a shame Paine isn't able to continue to build from last year.

Geez NSW selectors never learn, once again put too many bowlers in. Now would be the perfect time to breed in Hughes, push Katich to open with Cowan.

Uh oh! NSW are 3 wickets down and needing to pick up the RR. And that means Hauritz is only 2 wickets away from taking guard. That tail is far too long for a OD!

Werd on Hughes. Makes perfect sense considering he held well against a touring international side. Also, Cowan is a little bit useless.

If NSW had seven batsmen, they'd be in a prime position. Nevertheless, they stand to make a possibly winning score, well over 200.

One over left for Dizzy, would love to see him get a couple of wickets.
Also a little expensive from Cullen (in the context of the game) but good to see him get 3

Can't believe how many balls Cowan wasted. He looks like he is more suited to the longer form of the game.

Dizzy has been very accurate. Reading the live scorecards, sounds unlucky not to have a few wickets. :(

"The batting team opts for the third powerplay. Here comes Gillespie back into the attack."

Sorry if i'm slow, but am I right in thinking that the batting tam choose when to take that third powerplay in the Aussie Domestic? That's prtty cool. as it worked well? In this case, Dizzy and Lehman are keeping it tight.

Thats correct. A new innovation this year I think. Remember hearing Paine talk about it after a Tassie game actually

It's still in its infancy in terms of effectiveness, but judging what Darren Berry said, the teams understand it fairly well; they know whatever the situation, a strong partnership will use it better than one or two unestablished batsmen. Just finding that right partnership seems tricky. All said, it is meant to be a gamble, take it early and maybe you will get a better time to use it later, take it late and maybe you missed the best of your chances.

Judging from how one-dayers are played, I think it should definitely not be used in the last 10 overs, as teams go quickly regardless of how many fielders are on the boundary. However, between 20 and 40 is where batsmen tend to slow down the most and it is here that quite often the 5 over run rate could double and change the game somewhat. It's a period where a part-timer can be singled out, if not, then maybe a death bowler can be expended a little.

I think Cullen bowled quite well today, got Cowan as classically as you like and got both of NSW's most dangerous players at the right times. One has to remember that the Redbacks don't have any great fielders like the guys that play ODIs and today they missed a lot of uncomplicated catches. THere are a number of players who don't pressure the batsmen out of trying to run quick singles.

Nevertheless, NSW smote SA hard for choosing to field and in spite of causing early difficulty with the greeness, this will be tough for the home side.

Users who are viewing this thread