Australian Domestic Cricket

How hopeless is Crosthwaite? He is such a terrible keeper. There is absolubtley no justification for keeping him in the side, especially now with Wade in the picture.

All of yesterday I was waiting for Western Australia vs Tasmania to go on TV then I checked the news and it wasn't there. I was so frustrated and then I saw it say it was on Sunday :D

Tassy batting slow and losing wickets like they did agaisnt QLD. Dont know if they will be able to get that partnership they got against QLD though.

Was a good 8th wicket stand between Drew and Doherty to get Tas to 181. Their middle order looks quite brittle atm, they had a good start this time round but collapsed in the middle.

Tassie have gotten a bit of a raw run with pitches, sent in and railed both times. They were a bit lucky with the Bulls missing their best bowlers, but WA did not give them so many opportunities.

Top stuff from WA, biting down and not giving anything away. No need to go hard, but with nine wickets still in hand, if they ramp it up and win inside 40 overs, there is a bonus point begging to be taken.

And mark my words, they do so! 8 wicket win in just 37.1 overs.

Last edited:
Supershtuffthat from WA, a bonus point will help forget the loss to NSW a bit maybe/hopefully;)

My Local boy Aaron Heal did well it seems!!!

From the commentary, it was the same pitch from the earlier game, so essentially, a well worn pitch. Nevertheless he was difficult even by first class standards.

Top notch win from WA, Ronchi got them off to a flyer then Marsh and Langer guided them to the target. WA certainly are looking good in the OD form of the game.

How hopeless is Crosthwaite? He is such a terrible keeper. There is absolubtley no justification for keeping him in the side, especially now with Wade in the picture.
If he were a terrible keeper he wouldn't have been picked in the first place now would he?

Personally I think it should be Wade in OD games and Crostwhaite in the FC games, as Darren Berry said, the best keeper should be in the FC games and Crostwhaite is a better keeper than Wade according to Berry (who is our assistant coach and a former keeper himself - so he should know).

I'll be at the Pura Cup game this weekend so I'll make a live judgement myself.

If there's a large difference between batting and an minuscule difference between keeping skills, I really wouldn't care that Crossy is the better technician. The other would offer more to the team. I take Berry's word with a grain of salt, because we all know what he thinks of Gilly's keeping, in spite of his good record. Being seen as the better keeper doesn't necessarily mean a thing in practical terms.

However, I do see your point and seeing as there is no way a 19 year old is going to play every game he is available for, it would make sense to use him in one dayers where it's more valuable.

Users who are viewing this thread