Australian Domestic Cricket

Wade, David Hussey, Finch & White are back for Victoria, so New South Wales are in for a tough match.

Bupa Sheffield Shield squad v NSW:

Andrew McDonald (c)
Scott Boland
Aaron Finch
Peter Handscomb
Jayde Herrick
Jon Holland
David Hussey
Glenn Maxwell
Clint McKay
Rob Quiney
Chris Rogers
Matthew Wade

SA electing to bowl

A few little tinge of green on the wicket, but it sounds like they just prefer to chase. They've gone for the spin of the journeyman Cullen Bailey.

I think it might actually seam around early, or even swing. In any case, WA are a good side to bowl at.

----------

Putland bowling length away swingers, still struggling with the odd wide one like last time, but he jams in a good bouncer and North finds a lonely Lyon out in the deep. Openers are always important, but North looked particularly important today.

----------

Putland on a roll, got the wind up him now, swung it in to the right handed Bancroft with a bit of extra pace, it skidded on. A beauty! He's been bowling about 120-125, but that was 135.

Lyon getting a wheelbarrow of turn, but I'd like to see one of the quicks at that end.

----------

Bit of rain now trying to save WA from their destruction at the hands of Gary.

----------

Richo only getting 127-128, I think he's got more pace in him, but he is also bowling a magnificent line and length.

Not a great first over by Cullen Bailey, good first ball, but didn't really land one after that. Fortunately he had the protection of the field to some extent, short cover and deep cover doing him a few favours.

Birt's awful form continues to endure. WA up a creek. Again.

He was a strange pick-up. If Tassie didn't want him, why did the Warriors? Warriors aren't looking too flash, though it soundsl ike Ronchi is finding some form... at long last.

Ronchi totally ruining Richo's day and providing the sole highlight for WA with a classic century.

Vicious ball from Coulter-Nile, leaps off a short length at Klinger who fends and is caught at point. Hard to believe this guy is the second change bowler.

Still have to wonder how Ferguson wasn't on the plane to SA, already got back to back 50s and looking as good as ever.

Still have to wonder how Ferguson wasn't on the plane to SA, already got back to back 50s and looking as good as ever.

Warner has queue jumped for now. Clarkey has been pumping his tyres something rotten in the press. I wish the skippers would stop raving about eveyone.

Blimey, Lyon is going to win this match for the Redbacks.:lol Good on him.

The thing with Warner is probably that he used his chance for Aus A and got on a roll from there. Ferguson regularly impresses in one dayers and often enough in Twenty20, but it's his first class cricket that lets him down.

Lyon's batting skills could be handy for the Aussies. Ferguson just sending another reminder to the selectors.

Users who are viewing this thread