Australian Domestic Cricket

I dont think Queensland have such a weak bowling line-up. They have Watson, Jonhson, Kaspa, Noffke and Bichel.

Yeah it shows. It's definately stronger then SA's batting though.

Would've been better to watch the QLD batsman bat against the SA bowlers.

That's more like the Langer we have been use to, it seems to be ages since he made a 50.

Nice to see Christian making runs, shame about his bowling figures. Good knock from Watson and Hopes to get Queensland home.

Tait really has his tail up, his pace will be ferocious for NZ. For all his trouble returning from surgery, he has hit fitness and form at the perfect time. The biggest trouble for him at this point is that NZ don't have any of those super-batsmen who are likely to get a knick on a 150+ kph ball.

I dont think Queensland have such a weak bowling line-up. They have Watson, Jonhson, Kaspa, Noffke and Bichel.

It's strong when theyre top players are fit. But when they aren't it's very weak because they don't have alot of depth like Victoria.

Victoria have Nannes, Denton, Harwood, McGain, Wise, Siddle, McKay, Lewis so even with a few injuries our bowling line-up is still pretty strong.

Hayden - 54.85
Jaques - 47.46
Ponting - 61.11
Hussey - 42.00
Clarke - 41.66
Symonds - 38.38
Gilchrist - 37.97
Funny how apart from Hayden, Jaques & Ponting from the current lot are the only batsman who weren't selected based on their ODI form.

Good to see the selectors trying some new players. Steven Smith looks to be a promising player. Another our of opening batsmen that can bowl.

Must say Victoria have gone very smoothly from an old bowling side to a good young bowling side.
Hardly. Harwood, Denton and Nannes are all in their 30s, and all inexperienced due to long term injury. Sure, Siddle and McKay have a fair bit of quality, but the first choices aren't young by any stretch.

My goodness gracious me, Tassie are shocking. We can go alright in the one-dayers, but make it a four-dayer and we can't hit a beachball. Bowlers and batters alike, they're all duds. Birt needs to get a kick up the arse, I'd assume he's not far from being dropped. Last year we had three gun keepers, so we gave away Wade and now the other two have lost form. Typical. Hilf needs to remember how to bowl.

Thought Nannes was younger. Still got 2 more younger bowlers than they had 2 seasons ago.

Don't know what happened to Tassie in the longer form of the game given they are the champs there. Batting is really fragile.

Yeah the batting is pretty shocking. Dont know whats going on there. I guess we didn't realise how much Hilfys bowling last year helped them. He took 60 odd wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread