Australian Domestic Cricket

Good win in the end, Tassie fell short of what was an achievable total (257), getting all out for 231. Victoria are really looking ominous at the moment, their batting lineup is actually holding up alright, even without White and now Hodge, and they are bowling brilliantly.

Yes and without Harwood too, that was sort of a must win for Tas, every chance to kick them while weakened.

Paine is another that looks to be suffering from that 2nd year syndrome along with Hilfy it seems.

Once again Noffke to the rescue with the bat... Forgot that Watson once again failed opening, he might as well give up that spot as Jaques has it wrapped up now.

Yeah Watson is having a shocker lately. Nice innings by Noffke and Nye, saved Queensland but there going to have to do a lot with the ball to win this one.

NSW get first innings points! Queensland all out for 236, Bollinger to 4/55.

Bollinger is a legend in the Pura Cup but really is rubish in the One dayers.

First innings points for the blues, good news. Narrows the point difference between us and Vic.

Were of to a good start, too.They should put The Bulls back in today. And we might have to get only 9 wickets with Simpsons broken finger.

Use to be the opposite way round a few years back :p Don't know what happened with him in the OD arena but oh well at least hes got the main game sorted. Now just needs to find a way to get his OD form back.

Just read an article on Peter Siddle, I see why their is hype around him will be one I start watching in the future too.

Mail fails again... That might be the last straw for him. They might put Hughes in the openers slot of even Lambert.

We should bat to Tea, declare hopefully about 450-550 runs ahead and try and bowl Queensland out :)

Well seeing as Mail would be replaced I would go with either Khawaja or Steven Smith. Or even both given Jaques will be on international duty again. I haven't seen grade cricket results so don't know the form Khawaja is in.

Watson should take a leaf out of Hodge's book. Take the pressure of an unfamiliar position to try and get an already very unlikely position, and return to your preferred possy. Hodge is batting like a machine now (except for his injury)!

Khawaja is another opening all rounder.
I would go Henriques and Hughes as opener. Leave Lambert down the lower order to do what he did this game.

Hehe must say it's funny seeing the amount of ducks Watson has got while opening.

Awesome win! NSW are on fire! Great performance from Matty Nicholson to win the man of the match. And yes, Watson collects his fourth duck, more than Cam Borgas, too.

Users who are viewing this thread