Australian Domestic Cricket

They lost a match this season to WA.
Christian at SA is another big hitter but he and Smith are a bit behind compared with Blizzard and Pomers.

Who is Quiney rooting to stay in the team? He would have to have the worst 20/20 stats ever.

This is their 3rd title for twenty20 right? Have they lost a match... i should follow twenty20 more often.
Just the one this year, and one no result makes 2 games in 3 seasons they haven't won outright.

Like I said in the other thread, that Blizzard six was about 150 m through the air.
I wasn't sure either, I thought Klinger should get the go, but he proved us wrong. Things not looking so good for us in the Ford Ranger, although we have two games in hand. I missed out on today's game but will almost certainly go to the Junction Oval Pura game against SA on Monday.

Last edited:
Heh, Quiney was easily the best batsman in tonight's game.

For some unexplainable reason, he seems to do well in the OD's, but his 20/20 record would be embarrassing even for a tailender. And he's played enough matches.

Just the one this year, and one no result makes 2 games in 3 seasons they haven't won outright.

I wasn't sure either, I thought Klinger should get the go, but he proved us wrong. Things not looking so good for us in the Ford Ranger, although we have two games in hand. I missed out on today's game but will almost certainly go to the Junction Oval Pura game against SA on Monday.

But we've still have only lost 1.

Last edited:
For some unexplainable reason, he seems to do well in the OD's, but his 20/20 record would be embarrassing even for a tailender. And he's played enough matches.

But we've still have only lost 1.
Maybe he's just a good batsman that can't slog but can play aggressively? Maybe his mindset needs to be changed in Twenty20 cricket? Or maybe we should just drop him in Twenty20 cricket?

From what I've seen of Quiney there's no technical reason why he can't score more runs in T20s. He is a big guy and hits hard, big sixes over long on being a feature of his better innings.

Bird is back but doesn't look like he'll get a game. Good to see them letting Steven Smith have a go and Hughes back in the side.

Simon Katich (c)
Aaron Bird
Doug Bollinger
Nathan Bracken
Brad Haddin
Nathan Hauritz
Moises Henriques
Phillip Hughes
Matthew Nicholson
Daniel Smith
Steven Smith
Dominic Thornely

Well incredibly Brad Hodge was given leave from his innings when his wife went into labour, but he returned to score 64 later in the day.

Andrew McDonald is on fire, 130 not out at the moment, saving us. We need first innings points here! It doesn't surprise me we're losing though, we hate playing at the Junction Oval.

WA V NSW soon. My prediction is WA. NSW are poor in one dayers at the moment and WA have too many class batsmen. NSW bowlers will need to step up and bowl the west aussies out. Heal and Dorey need wickets in my opinion for WA . Should be a good match.

Western Australia by 100 runs. :)

Blues are in red hot form in the Pura so I tip The Blues by 57 runs.

We cant afford to be batting on the last day pitch when they have Heal.

Users who are viewing this thread