Australian Domestic Cricket

KFC Twenty20 Big Bash Draw has been released today

Dec 30 Western Australia v Tasmania Perth (D/N)
Jan 2 Victoria v Queensland Melbourne (Night)
Jan 4 South Australia v New South Wales Adelaide (Night)
Jan 7 Queensland v Tasmania Brisbane (Night)
Jan 8 South Australia v Victoria Adelaide (Night)
Jan 9 New South Wales v Western Australia Sydney(ANZ)(Night)
Jan 11 Tasmania v Victoria Hobart (D/N)
Jan 13 Western Australia v South Australia Perth (D/N)
Jan 15 Queensland v New South Wales Brisbane (Night)
Jan 18 Western Australia v Victoria Perth (D/N)
Jan 19 New South Wales v Tasmania Sydney(ANZ) (Night)
Jan 20 South Australia v Queensland Adelaide (Night)
Jan 22 Victoria v New South Wales Melbourne (Night)
Jan 24 Tasmania v South Australia Hobart (Night)
Jan 25 Queensland v Western Australia Brisbane (Night)
Jan 27 Tasmania v Western Australia Hobart (Night)
Jan 28 Victoria v South Australia Melbourne (Night)
Jan 29 New South Wales v Queensland Sydney(ANZ) (Night)
Feb 1 Preliminary Final Venue TBC
Feb 5 Final Venue TBC
* According to the Cricket Australia web site the Final will be held at the WACA Ground Perth on Feb 4 if Western Australia earn the right to host the final.

Yeah and also interesting that NSW are playing all their home games at the Olympic Stadium
4181.jpg

Nice to see Tassie with some young batsmen again. That Doolan is rated highly by the guys at Bigfooty.
Hardly is bigfooty the pinnacle of our evolution as human beings.

I saw him play a few times in the Ford Ranger Cup and Big Bash. Looked really ordinary. Completely out of his depth.

This may sound like a stupid question, but is it two separate innings (one 25 and one 20), or will they bat for 20/25 then continue on the same innings for another 20/25???

From that link:
Key features

45 overs per team with split innings of 20 and 25 overs
A maximum of 12 overs by any one bowler
10 wickets per team and 12 players per team - teams can bat any 11 of the 12 and field any 11 of the 12
A maximum of two bouncers per over
A new ball from each end at the start of the innings and no replacement new balls
No Powerplays
Fielding restrictions: Overs 1-5 = 2 fielders outside the circle; 6-20 = 4 outside; 21-25 = 2 outside, 26-45 = 4 outside

Jesus they're really screwing up the game! 12 overs for any bowler?

Actually that's probably my favourite part of this change. I'm sick of seeing Michael Clarke or Dave Hussey or partimer Joe bowling innocuous defensive crap just to sneak through an allotment of 10 overs. Giving your best bowlers more overs = more attacking cricket = what ODI cricket desperately needs.

I'm cautiously excited about this. The one problem that stands out right now is the last few overs of the 1st innings will feature batsmen going into their shells a bit. That's where the idea of having a player who could bat twice could work - which might be a good incentive to attack in those last few overs. But that might be a bit too radical just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread