Australian ODI tour of the United Kingdom and Ireland, June-July 2010

Worrying signs with Watson bowling still being a problem. More reason to keep Hopes at 7. Hauritz could well have cemented his spot for this series so Smith might have to get himself in ahead of one of the non performing batters. Rest of the pace bowlers were off the pace but White did say they would be rusty.

The bowlers looked quite a bit loose to start off, no rhythm. The batting was as well, really, so many failed cow shots. They'll be pretty happy to have that game against Middlesex.

Good to see Hopes perform and sure up his spot in the ODI team, an underrated and useful player who is a good fit for Australia at No.7 in my opinion. He can get through his 10 overs economically (as well as pick up some wickets along the way) and provides big hitting ability towards the end of an innings. I would like to see him perform in a recovery/collapse situation where Australia are 5/150 (or worse) though.

Last edited:
Certainly far from a polished performance. I was hoping Ireland could hang on in those middle overs and just bat sensibly but Hopes had other ideas I suppose.

Good to see Hopes perform and sure up his spot in the ODI team, an underrated and useful player who is a good fit for Australia at No.7 in my opinion. He can get through his 10 overs economically (as well as pick up some wickets along the way) and provides big hitting ability towards the end of an innings. I would like to see him perform in a recovery/collapse situation where Australia are 5/150 (or worse) though.

Definitely, doesn't get much credit, but is such a useful player. Kind of expected Ireland to collapse, their batting is pretty poor. Stirling is turning into a good young all-rounder though.

Not to mention that he's opened a few times

Scotland vs England are playing today: Scot 1/1 (0.4 ov, GM Hamilton 1*, JM Anderson 1/1) | Live Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

The match has just started.

This is the England team:

England team
AJ Strauss*, JM Anderson, A Shahzad, MH Yardy, SCJ Broad, PD Collingwood, C Kieswetter†, EJG Morgan, KP Pietersen, LJ Wright, GP Swann

Scotland team:

GM Hamilton, RR Watson, GD Drummond, KJ Coetzer, JH Davey, MA Parker, RM Haq, DR Lockhart†, RT Lyons, NFI McCallum, RD Berrington

ZexyZahid added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Already a great start for Anderson. He got Watson out for a duck for the fourth ball.

Nice thing to happen for him after this happened.

Anderson angry over World Twenty20 snub
Cricinfo staff
June 15, 2010
Anderson angry over World Twenty20 snub | England Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Users who are viewing this thread