Story Australian Season 2006 (C2005)

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
This is part 1 of my first story which will follow the upcoming aussie season of 2006/07. It is based on the actual tours but I will make up some fixtures. The first tour planned is the tour of South Africa, which will be followed by a tour of Bangladesh before the Ashes Series will begin. It will also feature the Champions Trophy in India.

Aussies pumped up for rematch against Proteas!​
54335.jpg

Ricky Ponting and Graeme Smith in the recent Johnnie Walker Super Series, which Smith also failed at.
Australian Captain Ricky Ponting has said Australia is ready to take on South Africa in a rematch of their recent clash in Australia, which was plagued by Graeme Smith making several comments insulting Australia, but still ended up losing the series 2-0. Ponting said he wasn't worried about Smith's mouth, saying their cricket would speak for itself. "We've been doing quite well against (the entire world/) South Africa and we don't anticipate any changes to that style. We are looking quite forward to the tour and anticipate a great contest."
S.A Captain Graeme Smith said, "We were very unlucky to lose against Australia last year due to some contentious desicions from their outrageous appealing. In South Africa we believe we can beat them this time around and prove who's better once and for all. Australia will have to do better this time around if they want to win again, and their recent disregard for the VB Series showed how much they really care about results outside the World Cup."

The Fixture will be announced soon, and so will the squads.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Fixtures Announced

Today the Cricket Board Of South Africa announced the fixtures for the much anticipated Australian Tour Of South Africa in February/March. A representitive of the board whose name is undisclosed (and unknown) reported that a 5 match ODI Series and 3 match Test Series will highlight an exciting summer for South Africa. "We have compiled an exciting fixture with some great action and we look forward to seeing some great contests between two of the best sides in cricket". The entire fixtures are:

Warm-Up Games:
22nd February Australia vs Cape Cobras (ODI Match) at Cape Town
Australia Won by 3 runs
13th March Australia vs Titans (3 Day Match)

20/20 International
24th February South Africa vs Australia
Australia won by 18 runs
ODI Series
28th February S.A vs AUS at Johannesburg
2nd March S.A vs AUS at Cape Town
5th March S.A vs AUS at Cape Town
7th March S.A vs AUS at Johannesburg
10th March S.A vs AUS at Cape Town

Test Series
18th March S.A vs AUS at Cape Town
26th March S.A vs AUS at Johannesburg
4th April S.A vs AUS at Cape Town

These games will not be played on the exact dates.

Please post your views as it's my first story and it might not be any good.
Venues will be selcted at a later date. Squads soon!

Last edited:

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Brett_Lee said:
Good luck with this aus. CMON AUSSIES!
Thanks mate, naturally I will be playing as the aussies, but I might play as the bangas a bit in that tour to make it more exciting.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Aussie Touring Squads Announced
1907cricket_narrowweb__200x349.jpg

Australian Coach John Buchanan with selectors Merv Hughes and David Boon

Australian Selectors have named the touring squads for the upcoming tour of South Africa. Chairman Trevor Hohns said that the squads picked were a strong side, and included the return of injured youngster duo Shaun Tait and Shane Watson, and also included the return of Victorian skipper Cameron White for the ODI Squad, and the inclusion of big-hitting NSW Opener Phil Jaques. Also a big surprise was the inclusion of Jason Gillespie in the Test Squad, which raised many eyebrows, but Gillespie said he would not dissappoint, and Hohns said that Gillespie had warranted a last chance at Test Cricket. Captain Ricky Ponting said he believes the squad is very strong and praised the return of Watson and Tait, "It's great to have back two young quicks, and Watson is an all-rounder which helps, I'm sure that this is probably our strongest squad in a while so we have a great chance of winning." Selector Merv Hughes said he believed Gillespie had it in him to become a top player for Australia again and said he can relate to Gillespie's drop of form, "I have been in strife like Jason before and so has Brett (Lee) and we've both made it back and Jason's been in good form in the Pura Cup so we reckon he deserves another chance."
The squads are:
2005-10-5-aus-cricket-team.jpg
All-rounder Andrew Symonds (pictured centre with the dreadlocks) will be looking to continue his scintillating form

ODI Team:
Ricky Ponting (c) (TAS)
Adam Gilchrist (vc) (WA)
Phil Jaques (NSW)
Simon Katich (NSW)
Michael Clarke (NSW)
Damien Martyn (WA)
Shane Watson (QLD)
Andrew Symonds (QLD)
Glenn McGrath (NSW)
Cameron White (VIC)
Nathan Bracken (NSW)
Brett Lee (NSW)
Brad Hogg (WA)
Michael Hussey (WA)
James Hopes (QLD)
TaitShaun050823WithBallGbg.jpg
Shaun Tait is an exciting return to the test team, especially as he has been left out of the ODI Squad.

Test Team:
Ricky Ponting (c) (TAS)
Adam Gilchrist (vc) (WA)
Justin Langer (WA)
Matthew Hayden (QLD)
Brad Hodge (VIC)
Shane Watson (QLD)
Andrew Symonds (QLD)
Glenn McGrath (NSW)
Nathan Bracken (NSW)
Jason Gillespie (SA)
Brett Lee (NSW)
Shane Warne (VIC)
Shaun Tait (SA)
Michael Hussey (WA)
Stuart MacGill (NSW)

btw guys again can you please post your thoughts as I don't want to make a story no one is reading and I could use some suggestions too.

James219

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sounds really good. A suggestion based on what I've seen in ohter stories, if you're using screenshots probably provide a mix of real and in-game pictures, or edit the in-game images instead. Just a suggestion though.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
If any proteas have some squads that they think are good please pm me, you have till tomorrow when I'll announce those squads.

MWaugh

International Coach
if you come home for a test series against india and then pakistan i will know you stole my ideas!!! :p good luck with it mate

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
MWaugh said:
if you come home for a test series against india and then pakistan i will know you stole my ideas!!! :p good luck with it mate
Nah mate I'm coming home for the Ashes after this and the tour of bangladesh(which I will attempt to make interesting). Could someone please post a South African Squad as I am unable to come together with it, I will be away this week with school so the tour will start asap.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
South Africa Announces ODI Squad!
s4.jpg
Makhaya Ntini will add some much-needed depth to South Africa's Poor Attack

South Africa has announced its squad for the upcoming ODI Series against Australia with the return Of Andre Nel and Makhaya Ntini. Captain Graeme Smith says it is strong enough to beat Australia and praised the return of its pace attack leader Ntini.
The squad is:
Graeme Smith (c)
Boeta Dippenaar
Abraham (AB) De Villiers
Jacques Kallis
Herschelle Gibbs
Jacques Rudolph
Andre Nel
Mark Boucher
Shaun Pollock
Andrew Hall
Charl Langeveldt
Makhaya Ntini
Nicky Boje
Johan Botha
Johannes Van Der Wath

The Test Squads will be witheld until the end of the ODI Series.

Last edited:

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Apologies to the few people who care about this series, it will start ASAP, but I had forgotten how hard it is to juggle school and playing games.

Any thoughts before the first game starts?

Cricket_60

International Coach
My comment: Smith should keep his mouth shut this time :)

Good start. The presentation is awsome so far :clap

Users who are viewing this thread