Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Congrats to all the Indians here at PC.

sami ullah khan added 10 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Ashes should be a good contest. England will have benefit of having a class spinner and a bowler who is good at reverse.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
^ Maybe he's talking about Anderson or Finn. Both pretty good at conventional swing, not sure about reverse. I'm also not sure that reverse is going to play a huge part in Australia - certainly not to the extent that it did in this series. The different ball and the harder, truer surfaces in Australia would not probably be ideal conditions for reverse.

The one thing that the Aussies have that the Brits don't - Ricky Ponting, the batsman. The one thing that the Poms have that the Aussies don't - Graeme Swann. It's gonna be a fun Ashes.

I'm backing Australia to pull it 3-1 or 2-1.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe he's talking about Anderson or Finn. Both pretty good at conventional swing, not sure about reverse. I'm also not sure that reverse is going to play a huge part in Australia - certainly not to the extent that it did in this series

I'm not sure who he's on about either. Anderson/Bresnan/Broad can reverse it but they are nowhere near being experts at it.

Shahzad is a good reverse bowler but unless there are injuries I don't see him getting the team.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ashes

3-1 Australia winning it.

Right now Australia slipping to 5th rank in Test Matches :laugh

2008 it all started and it's continuing the same way.

People say India need to play in Australia South Africa to prove their worth but it same goes for Australia and South Africa right? They do not play well at sub continent.

So it's all even..

Both test matches, Second innings collapse cost them.

Some poor umpiring was also a factor. But that's what is bound to happen with No referrals.

Congrats India and Congrats Sachin.

Best Of Luck Aussies for ODI Series.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think for long time we will see Asian teams winning series outside and outside world winning here in Asia. This scenario though suits India perfectly. ;)

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I feel Aussies would give a comeback in Ashes!
They'll lose even this ODI series, but they'll definitely win the Ashes!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Nice win for India. Chet Pujara looked confident in the few overs I saw of him.

Ponting's captaincy has again been questionable. Surely Hilfy should have bowled a few more overs? Definitely more than Hauritz, who was being carted around. Ponting should probably forfeit captaincy when touring India for the sake of his team. I think he is 0/5 right now.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Satisfying win by miles. Also did anyone notice Sachin scored a half century and guided the team through the chase till the end? Where are those guys who said Sachin cant score when the team needs him most and that he hasnt won India games. Here is an example you got!

And Pujara must now be feeling on the top of the world! Unexpected move to send him at No.3 and he clicked superbly. I collapsed in my bed before the winning moments. Want to watch them badly. Heard Sachin showed some emotions (from Cricinfo). VERY SATISFYING WIN! We were pushed hard in Mohali and we showed character to win. Here also, Australia pushed us a lot, but still we showed character and got out and won both games. GREAT!

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Pujara! So good! Should've been called up a while back. Prolific FC average - the only guy with a better average is Rahane. It's great to see one of the less flashy, hardworking youngsters do well. Should be groomed for the no. 3 spot, his batting style is very similar to Dravid.

And to answer someone's question earlier in the thread - Pujara plays in the Elite league for Saurashtra.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
putting pujara at 3 was a master stroke in retrospect. well played whoever came up with that.

1. let a noob play at the position he was comfortable in, dravid used to move himself all the time so he can handle being played in less familiar position easier.
2. gave him the easier conditions, avoiding an reverse swing that might appear.
3. psychologically must have been a boost for him to bat in a tight chase thinking "if I get out sachin then dravid comes in, two of indias best ever" and not if i get out "can't-play-abouncer-rain comes in and the wicketkeeper, and then we're in to the tail."

I like to see a bit of tactics with the batting order and hindsight might be 20/20 but india nailed that one.

Gurjot95

National Board President
I think we are underrating our bowlers. They did take 20 wickets in both matches and all out Australia very cheap in their 2nd innings which turned the match in both matches. I think that was the main reason of our win.

Kudos to our bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread