Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

I agree. Bowlers need to be credited for this series win. It's good to see Indian bowlers bowling well. :)

Satisfying win by miles. Also did anyone notice Sachin scored a half century and guided the team through the chase till the end? Where are those guys who said Sachin cant score when the team needs him most and that he hasnt won India games. Here is an example you got!
He averages 69 in the matches in which India has won but some people just find the ways to criticize him.

Zaheer has proved why he will be missed whenever he doesnt play for India. Ishant after a poor first innings in the first test came back well in the 2nd innings of the first test to pick 3 wickets. Sreesanth bowled well today although he hasnt been great this test. Harbhajan and Ojha both have picked up wickets whenever needed. Its satisfying when the bowlers pitch in with such performances and help us win.

Taking a break now. Not too keen on the ODI series. Should start following India-NZ tests when it comes.

I think its time Lax or Dravid moved out of side so that we can plan transitioning of batting side. Tendulkar will continue by end of 2012 till world ends.

I think its time Lax or Dravid moved out of side so that we can plan transitioning of batting side. Tendulkar will continue by end of 2012 till world ends.

Maybe Dravid but certainly not Laxman. He played a brilliant innings in the previous test match and he should at least play for 2 more years. It's time to give youngster like Pujara and Rahane a chance to prove themselves on international level for India.

Maybe Dravid but certainly not Laxman. He played a brilliant innings in the previous test match and he should at least play for 2 more years. It's time to give youngster like Pujara and Rahane a chance to prove themselves on international level for India.

2 years for Laxman. No way.

We have still not found number 5 since Ganguly has left and I think that position is not any issue in India but abroad Raina is sitting duck just like Yuvi. I am tempted to play Vijay at 3 and Pujara at 5 with either Lax or Dravid at number 6 to control lower half of innings.

Pujara seems a 4th innings player who can steer the side through a tough chase or fight it out for a draw. After Sunil Gavaskar, he is the first debutant to score a 50 in the 4th innings (Gavaskar did it in 1971). Unlike the first innings, he played the real low ones very well (there was one shot he played off a real low one from Johnson that went for a four, and Johnson looked upto Pujara almost in appreciation that he could slug it out that well for four).

I honestly believe India was/is blessed with seniors the likes of VVS, Kumble, Sachin and Dravid, who are all finest gentlemen in and off field.
It actually feels like this whole team gels well, newcomers are welcomed without any senior-junior politics.

For good of Indian cricket I hope and pray the attitude of these seniors rubs off on established youngsters likes of Raina/Gambhir and they take up the mantle of setting the current high standards for our future prospects unlike Yuvraj who himself admitted that he missed the opportunity of getting that respect of younger guys.

Yuvi said youngster Raina, Kohli and Rohit are cocky and don't listen. He never said that he did not gave them respect. Even Symonds has said that he thinks Rohit Sharma needs a stick (they were team mates in DC).

i m actually unhappy about Rohit Sharma's selection in ODIs he does give impression of an arrogant brat, hasn't done enough with bat and not athletic enough for his age. Good players like Badrinath missed out while he continued to get ODIs.

Well that was a kick up the arse. Seems Ponting needs to work on his captaincy, was pretty dire tbf - lock him up in a room with Steve Waugh until the ashes start. Lock North and Hauritz in another room and throw the keys away.

Well tbh i feel sad when a player debut in test for India. Badrinath played well in his first test but still got dropped. Soon there will be a time, when the replacement for the seniors will be below para.

80/80 wickets for our bowlers.:hpraise

Zak is back in form. Ishant looked good in IInd inning before injuring himself. Sree looked OK but still that reversed delivery which cleaned up Hilfy was awesome. Bhajji was OK picked up wickets at crucial interval but was a bit expensive.

Stand out - Pragyan Ojha :hpraise:hpraise Nice economy, great line and length and some fab bowling

Sachin is and will always remain a legend and no one will ever come close 14,000 runs except Ricky if he plays the way he did this series.

Laxman was awesome in that 1st match run chase.

Good captaincy and bowling shuffle by Dhoni, OK series for Dravid,Sehwag was flop this series.

Murli Vijay, feel sorry for you as when Gambhir will be back you will be out but I am assured that Future is in safe hands seeing Gambhir can bat at no 3.

Pujara absolute brilliant innings. 72 of 89 is really awesome on 5th day track. Shows how much Aussie's missed Dough Bollinger.

Raina awesome fielding through out and one crucial 78 runs I suppose in 1st Innings of 1st Test.

Series win rating :- 8/10

2 points go in collapse in 1st test and let off given to Aussie in 1st Inning of 2nd test match.

Should have got North and Paine cheaply

But awesome

Users who are viewing this thread