Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

How can you say that when he hasn't played a single Test?
I could be wrong, but that is my feeling. Of course in FCs Sharma has a better record than Raina, but I feel that at the international level (Tests), Sharma would be a flop!

And Raina is playing too well in the Tests for India. :)

The thing is as someone said, Sharma is just very lazy in whatever he does. If we compare both of them, Raina has performed at the big stage but he has limited shots in his armory. On the other hand, Sharma hasn't performed so well but has more shots than Raina for sure.

Reached home today after a week's trip, and it was just like awesome.

Mindblowing effort by the Indians to reach highest levels in test cricket. What an effort.
Murali Vijay was fantastic, time for him to cement his place in the XI. Though in presence of Gambhir it's hard for him. Pujara showed the guts for highest level and played a good knock in second innings. India's injury woes can help him in future too.
Sehwag and Dravid weren't at their best, hope they can get the form back ahead of the NZ and SA series.
Laxman was fantastic in first test, without him this series was nothing.
Zaheer was awesome, his ability to get the wickets on lifeless pitches with the reverse swing is perfectly awesome. Great bowlers, truly great. Sreesanth was looking good in patches, Harbhajan did bowl well, good for him to get some wickets in the series. Ojha impressed simply, his discipline was brilliant maintaining a perfect line and length for most of the time. Great show.

Sachin Tendulkar was perfect, that double hundred will be counted as one of his greatest innings. Truly awesome he was.:hpraise
And congratulations to him for topping the ICC batting table and winning the ICC cricketer of the year.:hpraise

Great show to say the least.

Future Indian line up after 2 years:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Vijay
Kohli
Pujara
Rohit Sharma (if he gets slim and mind is not messed up)
MSD
Bhajji (He will still be around)
Ojha
Ishant
Zaheer

If you are going with that, I would def. open with Vijay and let GG come in at one drop. Pujara though would be my ideal 3.

Emotions were pretty high in the athletes' village.

15 October 2010 Last updated at 07:42 GMT
Australia denies its athletes vandalised Games village

Australia has denied accusations that its athletes participating in the Delhi Commonwealth Games vandalised their tower in the athletes' village.

Indian media said the athletes were angry because their cricket team lost the Test series to India on Wednesday.

They destroyed furniture and electrical fittings and threw a washing machine from the eighth floor, reports said.

The Australian high commission admitted that a washing machine had been damaged during "spirited celebrations".

But, it denied that any Australian athlete had been involved in vandalism.

BBC News - Australia denies its athletes vandalised Games village

Emotions were pretty high in the athletes' village.

15 October 2010 Last updated at 07:42 GMT
Australia denies its athletes vandalised Games village

Australia has denied accusations that its athletes participating in the Delhi Commonwealth Games vandalised their tower in the athletes' village.

Indian media said the athletes were angry because their cricket team lost the Test series to India on Wednesday.

They destroyed furniture and electrical fittings and threw a washing machine from the eighth floor, reports said.

The Australian high commission admitted that a washing machine had been damaged during "spirited celebrations".

But, it denied that any Australian athlete had been involved in vandalism.

BBC News - Australia denies its athletes vandalised Games village

Wrong Thread :facepalm :spy

Is has to do with the 2nd Test match of India vs Australia. :)

Imagine a lot of Australians sitting in a room and together screaming anti-Tendulkar slogans. :laugh

Riana will be flop show in test matches abroad and Sharma is ahead of him as he handled himself well on Australian pitches in ODI series there.

If GG, Sehwag and Viru are playing in same side then they are top 3. One optional batting line up can be this as well:

Vijay
Gambhir
Pujara
Sehwag
Kohli
Sharma

Riana will be flop show in test matches abroad and Sharma is ahead of him as he handled himself well on Australian pitches in ODI series there.

If GG, Sehwag and Viru are playing in same side then they are top 3. One optional batting line up can be this as well:

Vijay
Gambhir
Pujara
Sehwag
Kohli
Sharma

You mean Vijay?:p

That lineup is not that great tbh.

Gambhir
Sehwag
Vijay
Pujara
Rahane
Dhoni
Kohli/Raina
Zak
Singh
Ojha
Mithun

will be our lineup once the greats retire. Still a good lineup

Rahane is still unknown commodity at international level. I hope we find some good fast bowler so that our bowling line up is different. I will not have Mithun in team yet.

You wont some good fast bowler in team but not Mithun :noway

Whom you want then? Vinay Kumar? Praveen Kumar?

You wont some good fast bowler in team but not Mithun :noway

Whom you want then? Vinay Kumar? Praveen Kumar?

No Srinath. :p

Only bowler worth reckoning in India is Zak and if he get alright then Ishant can play. Other then that you can play anyone or just go with two spinners. And what has Mithun done to inspire your confidence?

Users who are viewing this thread