Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

Rahane is excellent in my opinion, atleast give him a chance, he's the best in the domestic circuit and I think he is a far better choice for the team.

More importantly, he has been bloody consistent in past 3 years of Ranji season. Better stats than Pujara too.
Though I'm not comparing them but I think Rahane can be a huge success at INT. level.

There have been numerous batsman who have been giant in domestic scene but failed on International level miserably. therefore, cannot comment till see him in International game. That's why I never spoke about Pujara before this match. Even though its early to judge him, he showed enough in that innings to make you believe he will succeed in his role if he keeps his head in right place.

Unfortunately its head that counts most for Indian youngsters.

True, Kohli is fantastic but some times attitude affects his game.

Badrinath is an example, good domestic season but no chance. Pujara now will be seen consistently in the side until he fails.Rahane will be only given chance if Raina and Mukund fail as currently Laxman's replacement in this series was Mukund

Riana will be flop show in test matches abroad and Sharma is ahead of him as he handled himself well on Australian pitches in ODI series there.

If GG, Sehwag and Viru are playing in same side then they are top 3. One optional batting line up can be this as well:

Vijay
Gambhir
Pujara
Sehwag
Kohli
Sharma

I like the look of that. Sehwag in middle order is a good one, because he started off as a middle order batsman and had to open because we had no choices. Now that we have Vijay-Gambhir, Sehwag can serve well in the middle order.

We need an opener as a aggressive as him!! So let him open, he make make or break a match.

Vijay or Gambhir are well suited at No 3.

Sehwag at 4 would be good, he said that himself that after Tendulkar's retirement he'd like to bat at 4. So that's a good choice.

Vijay showed the temperament&attitude in past few matches, he is technically correct, much like Laxman so that's good.
Pujara also showed some guts. Mukund and Rahane are yet to be tested, they should be given their chances.

For me, the test lineup for the next two years (according to the given conditions) should be like this.

M Vijay
V Sehwag
G Gambhir
S Raina/Yuvraj (if he regains his form, though Raina is still my clear favourite.)
C Pujara
V Kohli
MSD
Harbhajan S
Zaheer
I Sharma
Ojha/Sreesanth/A Mishra

my lineup would be:

M Vijay
G Gambhir
C Pujara/A Rahane
V Sehwag
S Raina/Yuvraj
V Kohli/A Rahane
MS Dhoni
Harbhajan Singh/R Ashwin
Z Khan
S Sreesanth/I Sharma ( Kukarni, Yadav or Praveen in case these two fail)
P Ojha

So in my team either 3 of Pujara, Rahane, Kohli, Raina and Yuvraj will stay, whoever is in form. Mukund can come in for an out-of-form Gambhir or Vijay, though those chances are rare.

In the bowling, R Ashwin can be the next big thing, he's solid. India should look at a more potent pace attack, Kulkarni seems to be a good option. Praveen Kumar can come in, Abu Nechim is fast and there was one Bhubhaneswar Kumar.

True, Kohli is fantastic but some times attitude affects his game.

Badrinath is an example, good domestic season but no chance. Pujara now will be seen consistently in the side until he fails.Rahane will be only given chance if Raina and Mukund fail as currently Laxman's replacement in this series was Mukund

Wow, how can Mukund be Laxman's replacement? He was GG's replacement. He's an opener ffs.

Lol @ B Kumar being suggested. Guy's not international quality yet. Abu Nechim has always been a prospect, but he went the ICL way, and let's see if he can develop positively.

Users who are viewing this thread