Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

My test line up for the forthcoming years (Without fab 3)

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Cheteshwar Pujara
Virat Kohli
Suresh Raina
MS Dhoni
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma/ Abhimanyu Mithun
Pragyan Ojha/Amit Mishra

OK fellas ODIs kick into gear tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't rain, but I believe there's a chance. It's been disrupting the preparations of the teams this week.

Just been reading the cricinfo preview article and gosh I hope that's not the XI that Australia trot out. They have:
Australia (probable) 1 David Warner, 2 Tim Paine (wk), 3 Michael Clarke (capt), 4 Callum Ferguson, 5 Michael Hussey, 6 Shaun Marsh 7 Cameron White, 8 Steve Smith 9 James Hopes 10 Clint McKay, 11 Doug Bollinger.
So they've got basically every batsman we have playing :p You'd be cobbling together 10 overs between Clarke, Hussey and White, which is not good at all. This will be something to look out this tour, as no Watson means not much backup bowling.
Hastings, Starc and Hauritz are the players who aren't in that Cricinfo XI. One of them will definitely play I would say (maybe even 2). Warner would most likely be the man to miss out I think, as Marsh can open and White shouldn't be down at #7. Then it's just a matter of pitch reading, to see if it's Hauritz or a quick who takes his spot. I can't imagine it'll be a dustbowl with all the rain, so look for Hastings or Starc to make their debut. Gotta be Starc probably, since he was first into the squad. Then you'd have:
1 Shaun Marsh, 2 Tim Paine (wk), 3 Michael Clarke (capt), 4 Callum Ferguson, 5 Cameron White, 6 Michael Hussey 7 James Hopes, 8 Steve Smith 9 Clint McKay 10 Mitchell Starc, 11 Doug Bollinger.

No, you guys need Yusuf Pathan in your Test team. Just get ridda that Dravid bloke.

Pretty sure Hauritz will play. I'm guessing the lineup will be
1 Shaun Marsh, 2 Tim Paine (wk), 3 Michael Clarke (capt), 4 Cameron White, 5, 6 Michael Hussey Callum Ferguson 7 James Hopes, 8 Steve Smith 9 Nathan Hauritz 10 Clint McKay 11 Doug Bollinger.

Hope I'm wrong on Hauritz but this is what the selectors usually do when they have named debutant.

OK fellas ODIs kick into gear tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't rain, but I believe there's a chance. It's been disrupting the preparations of the teams this week.

Just been reading the cricinfo preview article and gosh I hope that's not the XI that Australia trot out. They have:
So they've got basically every batsman we have playing :p You'd be cobbling together 10 overs between Clarke, Hussey and White, which is not good at all. This will be something to look out this tour, as no Watson means not much backup bowling.
Hastings, Starc and Hauritz are the players who aren't in that Cricinfo XI. One of them will definitely play I would say (maybe even 2). Warner would most likely be the man to miss out I think, as Marsh can open and White shouldn't be down at #7. Then it's just a matter of pitch reading, to see if it's Hauritz or a quick who takes his spot. I can't imagine it'll be a dustbowl with all the rain, so look for Hastings or Starc to make their debut. Gotta be Starc probably, since he was first into the squad. Then you'd have:
1 Shaun Marsh, 2 Tim Paine (wk), 3 Michael Clarke (capt), 4 Callum Ferguson, 5 Cameron White, 6 Michael Hussey 7 James Hopes, 8 Steve Smith 9 Clint McKay 10 Mitchell Starc, 11 Doug Bollinger.

That probable line-up is just senseless, good job Cricinfo. I like your line-up although I reckon they'll play Hauritz.

Biggy added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Pretty sure Hauritz will play. I'm guessing the lineup will be
1 Shaun Marsh, 2 Tim Paine (wk), 3 Michael Clarke (capt), 4 Cameron White, 5, 6 Michael Hussey Callum Ferguson 7 James Hopes, 8 Steve Smith 9 Nathan Hauritz 10 Clint McKay 11 Doug Bollinger.

Hope I'm wrong on Hauritz but this is what the selectors usually do when they have named debutant.

That could get messy, you'd hope they play Starc or Hastings over Smith or Hopes.

Not the likely line-up, but I'd pick this XI:

1. S.Marsh
2. T.Paine (wk)
3. M.Clarke
4. C.White
5. C.Ferguson
6. M.Hussey
7. J.Hopes
8. J.Hastings
9. N.Hauritz
10. C.McKay
11. D.Bollinger

We could really use a batsman that can bowl a few overs here and there (Even when Watson is in the team). Perhaps Hussey could start bowling more, like Collingwood with his offcutters?

Here in kochi ,there was a strong rain for some time in the morning and in yesterday evening.Usually there is rain at this time in the night and it isn't raining now,so there is a strong chance to rain in tomorrow morning according to the weather these days.

No, you guys need Yusuf Pathan in your Test team. Just get ridda that Dravid bloke.

He plays brilliantly in the domestic competitions. Just loses the touch when he's called for the national team.

Dust balls. :p

400 are normal scores in ODI now in India.

Dhoni is getting more annoying day by day. Now he has audacity to say he is not sure if Yuvi will play and does not hold back in saying that Tiwari will make debut. :mad:

I have Yuvi in my fantasy team, he better plays.

AkshayS added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

BTW, I'd like to see Tiwary making his debut.

Users who are viewing this thread